DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic air 2 Using Epson BT 300 glasses

So far its a no go. I believe the fly app is designed to run on a 64bit android os and the BT300s are 32 bits.

I own most of the iterations from the BT-300, BT-35e, and BT-30c. They are a great tool for the pro and Hobbyist alike.
For real-world, up to date information, check out this fb group. Cheers.

Reactions: itsneedtokno
How do you like those glasses? I need real world answers lol
Hi. I only got them in April So still getting used to them. The massive advantage is it makes you feel more connected than using a phone/screen. They make it easier to judge distances when navigating obstacles. There great for seeing over or under the lens whilst wearing. So you can wander around while flying unlike the Dji Google’s that shut you off completely from your surroundings.

Reactions: itsneedtokno
I own most of the iterations from the BT-300, BT-35e, and BT-30c. They are a great tool for the pro and Hobbyist alike.

Thanks I will definitely take a look. Hi. I only got them in April So still getting used to them. The massive advantage is it makes you feel more connected than using a phone

Reactions: DVegaman

Hi. I’m interested in your thoughts on what goggles to get for the mavic air 2. My mavic air has died today after 18 months but the good news is I’m getting a full refund which will virtually pay for the new model. As you previously said my bt300 glasses won’t be any good for the MA 2. I’ve only used them 4 times so will be selling them. But what should I replace them with is the question.

I've been using the Epson BT 300 glasses with my trusty 16 month old MA. Does anyone know if they will be compatible with the MA 2.
I have a Mavic Air 2 and the Epson Moverio BT-300 glasses. See below on how I get them to work together. The DJI Fly application is not on the BT-300 glasses/control module, and one cannot "side load" the DJI Fly app, which is necessary for the Mavic Air 2. The DJI Fly app has system requirements that are higher than the Android operating system on the Moverio BT300 control module. That is one of the reasons it can't be side loaded. Plus, if you do find and install any of the previous versions of DJI Fly that might work, it could be hazardous, because you wouldn't be able to receive regular updates and it's a pain in the rear to find the DJI Fly .apk file from possibly untrustworthy sources.

However, I have discovered a workaround. It took me a while to figure it out, but what you probably want is to have a better view of what the drone's camera sees, because in just about any kind of daylight, it is very difficult to see your telephone or tablet screen because they aren't bright enough.

What I did to get the glasses to work with the telephone/drone is this:
(I am using an iPhone 6 by the way.)
1. Your Epson Moverio BT-300 Android operating system already has or should have a program called, "Mirroring 360 Airplay Receiver" in the Moverio Apps Icon that is ready to install.
a. Mine had it listed already and ready for installation.
b. If it's not listed, search for it and you'll find it and install it.
2. Next, using your iPhone or Android telephone that you have DJI Fly installed on, search for a program called "Mirroring Assist" and install it.
a. Don't worry about registering until the software says you have to do so. I think you can use it free for 7 days.
3. (Your telephone will connect directly to your Mavic Air 2 controller, just like normal, but you'll need an Internet connection to get the Moverio BT-300 glasses to communicate with and see what your telephone is displaying and what your drone's camera sees.)
4. Go purchase a wifi mobile hot spot for about $49.00 from your local "superstore" and buy a data card to put data minutes on it.
a. You'll need an Internet source for when you are flying remote when you're nowhere near your house or wherever you normally use to connect to the Internet.
b. I bought a StraightTalk mobile hotspot for about $49.00 and a 5 gigabyte data card (for $50.00) that's good for 60 days and has 5 gigabytes of data on it.
c. There are better and faster mobile hotspots. You would probably do well to do some research and find a faster mobile hotspot. I used the StraightTalk because it was quickly accessible. I probably should have been more patient and bought one from one of the three major manufacturers. Plus, it won't be long before 5G hotspots will be available.
d. You won't use very much data, as I found out after flying using this method, so you can get away with buying a cheaper data card and you can always by more data.
5. After you get your mobile hotspot initialized and registered and all that stuff, connect your BT-300 module AND your telephone to the mobile hotspot, just like you would to your house Internet.
a. It will show up in your list of available Internet connections.
6. On an iPhone, swipe up from the bottom of your screen, starting from the black area under your bottom row of icons and tap "Screen Mirroring" from the popup screen.
7. Launch the "Mirroring 360 Airplay Receiver" on your BT-300 glasses Android control module.
a. The program on your BT-300 control module will display a screen with several numbers on it.
8. Launch the "Mirroring Assist" program on your cell phone.
a. Tap the light orange block with "Enter Mirroring ID" in the lower right hand corner of the home screen of the app.
b. A popup window will appear.
c. Enter the numbers from your BT-300 control module screen into the text box and tap "OK".
9. It might take a few seconds, but your BT-300 glasses should display what your telephone is displaying.
a The display will show in portrait mode. Don't worry, it will change when you launch the DJI Fly app.
10. Turn on your Mavic Air 2 and the Mavic Air 2 control module.
a. Your DJI Fly app should start automatically.
b. If it doesn't start automatically, start it on your telephone.
c. You should see it on your phone and in the BT-300 glasses.
d. It should automatically switch to landscape mode in your glasses.
e. If not, click he little rotate icon at the bottom of your glasses' screen.

This should work just fine. You'll need to go into the hotspot settings and change from 2.4 gigahertz to 5 gigahertz, because 2.4 ghz takes too long for the screen in your glasses to update. Using 5 ghz will still have a certain amount of lag time, but it's only about 1 second, if you're out in the country and away from all of the signals if you are flying near or in a city with a lot of cell towers and home Internet wireless routers, etc. Also, while you're in the Settings screen, turn off WPS, because you don't need it. Also, change the Channel to 165 and the setting below it to 80 megahertz. Using 2.4 gigahertz causes it to lag way too long and is unacceptable unless you are flying very very slow.

I hope this helps you guys. Feel free to post or repost it to other groups.
Thanks and good luck!
Ben

Attachments

• Mirroring Assist.jpg
    Mirroring Assist.jpg
    192.1 KB · Views: 2
  • Turn on Screen Mirroring.jpg
    Turn on Screen Mirroring.jpg
    243.9 KB · Views: 1
  • Install on your BT-300.jpg
    Install on your BT-300.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
Hello from the Crossroads of America sandpaperpistolgrips.

Nice to meet you Ben. ?

Thanks for sharing a method to get the "old" stuff to work with modern devices.

I've been a follower of the Epson glasses since flying my Spark in 2017, but never purchased a pair.

Other members here may benefit with the information you provided.

Welcome to the Forum. ?

Thanks and I hope others find it useful. The screen lag using this method is still a little slow to update. I turned off caching the videos to my phone and haven't had a chance to fly again to see if it helps with the lag time. I'll let you know in this thread if it helps.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
da4o98