DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Air 2 vs Phantom 4 Pro

Ian_1424

Reactions
Okay for starters these are two pretty different drones but they are the best options for me to choose from.

I am looking to buy another Dji drone and I have been left with the P4P and the new Mavic Air 2. I primarily interest in real estate photography and not so much videography. I have found a pretty good deal on a lightly used P4P with extra batteries, props, and backpack for around 1100. I can also get the fly more combo Mavic 2 Air and an Ipad mini for about the same price too. Not sure which one to get so any input would be appreciated.

What an excellent quandary you're in!
Whereabouts are you, you may be better off with the Air 2 as the Phantom, admirable drone that it is, may be in a different class due to its weight, and therefore the greater legally required distance you have to be from people that don't have your permission (i.e. neighbours of your customers..)

The P4P, old as it is, should give you far better image quality.

I just shot a townhome development of chimneys using a M2 Pro. Very quiet, unobtrusive, nimble, small and very stable in a breezy shoot. I had to sneak it under branches and around a lot of trees. I would not have been able to get many shots with the P4.
The very quiet M2 was barely noticed and gave us great detail on the chimneys.

Reactions: Alex Baxter
What an excellent quandary you're in!
Whereabouts are you, you may be better off with the Air 2 as the Phantom, admirable drone that it is, may be in a different class due to its weight, and therefore the greater legally required distance you have to be from people that don't have your permission (i.e. neighbours of your customers..)
I am in the US so I would still be able to fly the P4P legally.

Put in your situation, I think I'd go for the Air, it would be a bit less intrusive, although having said that, the P4 would probably impress customers more, it may be considered more professional (only because it's larger and very recognisable, not that it would be any 'better'..)

I don’t use my Phantoms anymore. They’re too big to lug around, even in a car. And, they’re big and noisy so all the drone haters out there flock to them.

I'm fortunate to have a Phantom 4 Pro+, a Mavic 2 Zoom and a Mavic 2 Pro. I fly all of them frequently. I still love flying the Phantom. There's just something about seeing that big, noisy white bird in the air doing it's thing. Also, the Phantom blows trash from my gutters much better than the Mavics.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
turtle27mike