DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic air 2 wobbly and jerky when hovering

HusT

Reactions
Hi everyone. I need help. Had a little bump with a branch with my MA2. It didn't fell down, manged to stabilize its self. There were no visible damage or scratches. But after that i tried indoor hovering and im not shure but have a feeling it was more stable in place before. I tried recalibrating the IMU but nothing changed. Can someone film there ma2 hover indors so i can see if therse anything wrong with mine. Going crazy here. I apriciate your time and help.

Last edited:
And try hovering outside.

Reactions: Dbez1 and HusT
Hi everyone. I need help. Had a little bump with a branch with my MA2. It didn't fell down, manged to stabilize its self. There were no visible damage or scratches. But after that i tried indoor hovering and im not shure but have a feeling it was more stable in place before. I tried recalibrating the IMU but nothing changed. Can someone film there ma2 hover indors so i can see if therse anything wrong with mine. Going crazy here. I apriciate your time and help.
go out side and get some altitude as most prob ground turbulence from prop wash...

Reactions: HusT
and you are probably looking at it extra critically now that its been bingled..

So you probably were flying in ATTI mode inside. This is not GPS stabilized. Luckily, you did not get a GPS lock, or it may have ended disastrously.

Take it outside, let it get a strong GPS lock, check the MiniMap, then fly.

Reactions: HusT
So you probably were flying in ATTI mode inside. This is not GPS stabilized. Luckily, you did not get a GPS lock, or it may have ended disastrously.

Take it outside, let it get a strong GPS lock, check the MiniMap, then fly.
Will do that

You should be worrying more about the gimbal which is the most vulnerable part.

My Mini has hit the wall at full speed breaking the gimbal into three pieces but it could still fly normally. Hovering is still rock solid.

My M2P has once hit a plastic water bucket leaving a one-inch through hole on the bucket and the prop slight chipped but no change in flying performance is seen after the props are replaced.

In your case the craft was not even scratched so I am pretty sure that there is no damage. These birds are tougher than many people think.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dbez1
So you probably were flying in ATTI mode inside. This is not GPS stabilized.
The craft should be in OPTI mode. Unless the lighting condition is really bad or there is no discernible patterns on the floor, hovering should be rock solid.

So here is the hovering video. I think it was more stable before the bump or im just crazy. Watch till the end, prove me wrong

Well, that looked pretty good to me! Maybe there was some accumulated turbulence in the room after 20 to 30 seconds. Film it again outdoors in an open sheltered area, at about 5 feet AGL. It even sounded clean.

The craft should be in OPTI mode. Unless the lighting condition is really bad or there is no discernible patterns on the floor, hovering should be rock solid.
The height might be maintained by the optical system, but hovering also depends on air movement - flying indoors, unless in a very large space, will cause significant turbulence and instability for the aircraft.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fast54