DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Air 2

MAGNUSSUPRCHRGR

Reactions
Hi everyone I’m new to this, trying to cut a long story short I was conducting a hyperlapse video which I always like to do with my Mavic air 2 and for some reason I noticed when it got to 140/175 the rate at which it took the pictures slowed down significantly.

After it completed the hyperlapse the camera got stuck on the last frame of the hyperlapse so I was stuck looking at the highway. I tried moving the drone around hoping to get visuals through the camera but couldn’t.

At 20% the drone decided to automatically RTH I was still at that point trying to move the drone around so therefore cancelled the RTH, I desperately flew it manually to try and get it home until it hit 13%. This is where the second RTH kicked in so I left the controller and let the drone do it’s thing.

It came closer to the home point by about 50m then was increasing to the RTH altitude of 110m. Then all of a sudden I noticed the rapid loss of altitude and ended up the drone being stuck in a tree and I don’t know which one it’s in. I’m sure it had enough battery to get home as I was only 200m away.

If anyone knows how to get a KML file up into google earth that would be great. I was speaking to a bloke called Pat and that’s the advice he gave me, cheers everyone

Why didn't you just fly it back to you at 20%?
I'm sure you could have flown again some other time! If your drone develops a problem whilst flying just bring it home and try again later.
I was thinking about buying a Mavic Air 2 but after reading about so many crashes ( pilot and non pilot causes) I think I will just stick with my little Mini 2. I'm probably too scared to risk almost £1000 on it. Could buy another 2 mini 2s for that and some accessories as well.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jarrodwp1