DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

MAVIC AIR 2S DISCONNECTS FROM RC-N1 CONTROLLER

D

Deleted member 154956

I have been experiencing issues with the RC-N1 remote control disconnecting from my Air 2S fairly frequently and losing both FPV and control. I fly my Mini 2 more often due to my lack of confidence in the Air 2S. The Air 2S will disconnect from 5 feet away, 30 feet away or even 500 feet away at all altitudes. Yesterday it was not responding to Control Stick inputs from 90 feet away. I have gone to several different locations throughout the city and state and the issue persists. The Air 2S only has about 6 or 7 hours flight time on it and it seemed fine for the first month or so when I purchased it, but now it seems like the disconnects are happening every flight. Purchased NEW from DJI in September 2021. Where do I start to solve this problem. Air 2S, RC & Batteries have all been updated with the latest FW and this issue has existed across several Firmware updates I believe. I also have the latest DJI Fly app installed on my iPhone 13 Pro Max. Thanks in advance for any help.

Is the cable securely connected to the controller and to your iPhone? Might be coming loose?
You could also try a factory reset on the controller.

If that doesn't work, I would say it's maybe interference from the area you're flying in, but if you've tried it out in different locations, then you should contact DJI support on their website.

It might be a problem with the drone or controller. I've read of a couple cases like this.

The cable is securely plugged in to the iPhone and controller. How do I factory reset the controller?

Just looked into this more, and I think the RC-N1 isn't resettable.
I have the RC Pro and I've reset mine a couple of times, so I was automatically thinking that was an option.

Is there an option in the settings to change the frequency? From dual band to just one?

yes, there is. I have it set on automatic now. I'll try switching to a single band and most likely alternate between the two to see if either makes a difference.
Just looked into this more, and I think the RC-N1 isn't resettable.
I have the RC Pro and I've reset mine a couple of times, so I was automatically thinking that was an option.

Is there an option in the settings to change the frequency? From dual band to just one?

Also try using the Air 2s with your Mini 2 controller.... that would be a good test to see if the issue exists with your Aircraft or your controller.

Reactions: Wav2000 and Faster
Also try using the Air 2s with your Mini 2 controller.... that would be a good test to see if the issue exists with your Aircraft or your controller.
Also a great idea. I'll give that a try as well. As this is sometimes presenting itself as an intermittent issue, it might take several flights to work that out. Thanks.

Also, take a drive out to bumf*** (there's one on the outskirts of every city, look for tractors and grain silos), and fly a few batteries there.

If it occurs, somethings wrong with the hardware.

Also, take a drive out to bumf*** (there's one on the outskirts of every city, look for tractors and grain silos), and fly a few batteries there.

If it occurs, somethings wrong with the hardware.
Gotcha, yeah I'm still working on the various suggestions given here so far. Thanks!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
svdroneshots