DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic air 2S or wait for the pro 3 ?

Biggie777

Reactions
Man I have loved my experience with my mini 2 so much that I want a bigger and better one now. Im thinking the pro 3 is going to be just too good to not wait for but being the 2S is here,less money and not too shabby either,I just can't make up my mind.

The thing I wonder about is the 2S having 5k+ video which is awesome but is this feature really that big of a deal? I'm asking because basically,TVs whether it is 4k LED or OLED,is about the selection.. Anyone price an 8k tv? Lol just saying, where is anyone going to really use this feature? [much]

There's always going to be a pending new model in the offing.
I'd bet most of these companies have development models in progress before they release the most current one.

MUST you buy new? Personally I have only bought 1 new drone, a Mavic Mini, the others are second hand.

One reason for waiting might be any pending legislation.

Man I have loved my experience with my mini 2 so much that I want a bigger and better one now. Im thinking the pro 3 is going to be just too good to not wait for but being the 2S is here,less money and not too shabby either,I just can't make up my mind.

The thing I wonder about is the 2S having 5k+ video which is awesome but is this feature really that big of a deal? I'm asking because basically,TVs whether it is 4k LED or OLED,is about the selection.. Anyone price an 8k tv? Lol just saying, where is anyone going to really use this feature? [much]
I love my Air 2S.... coming from a Mini 2 you will be astounded. The Mavic 3 when it shows up will probably reach $2500 for the drone and three batteries. I have no doubt the Mavic 3 will set a new standard for Prosumer drones but for many it will be more than they really need. For half that you can own an Air 2S with FlyMore Kit now.

The higher resolution video gives you more information for post processing.... you will probably end up downrezing to 4k if you start with 5K+ but you can do crops and other things with the footage while maintaining quality.

I'd bet most of these companies have development models in progress before they release the most current one.

MUST you buy new? Personally I have only bought 1 new drone, a Mavic Mini, the others are second hand.

One reason for waiting might be any pending legislation.
Must I buy new? That is a good question.If it were a guitar I'd tell ya of course not . Lol but with these drones,I guess I don't have enough experience to know what exactly to look out for in a used drone. If it were anything else Rc,I'd say no problem but I've never torn down a drone yet,or built my own. I actually think building a 5 inch quad would be a great idea.

I'm guessing the Mavic 3 will be a heck of drone when it's released, and the price will reflect that also. I would personally wait for the Mavic 3, but if price is a factor, the Air 2s will be much less costly. So if you're just upgrading from a mini, the Air 2s is probably a good next step to go.

I thought I was going for the air2S, then all this leaked stuff started showing up and I said…” Do ya really want to do an Air2S right now before seeing what’s newer?” Sooo…I bought a refurb mini while I wait. Under 400 bucks for a flymore combo. No complaints, its fun to fly around, takes great video, and I’m in no rush to make a +$1200 decision. Plus I’m getting in some practice in the basics that may save me from stuffing a +2000 dollar drone into a tree.

Seriously. I'd love to have that beast that is coming out but have to agree the 2S will probably be all I'll really need and then I'll mess with some FPV whoops. Lol

Thanks all ! Great forum

Reactions: Thanohano44
Sure but you can be smart about it. You don’t buy a new iPhone in August, for example, because everybody knows the new models come out in Sept. (says the guy who bought his first iPhone in August because his Blackberry was stolen 10 years ago).

The issue with DJI is nobody knows. I bought a M2P the end of last year because I had an Air and really couldn’t wait. Seeing that there’s’s nothing immediately on the horizon I’m glad I did but was really second guessing myself for a few months.

The Air 2S seems to be the sweet spot right now.

So I have the MA2, and I'm seriously considering that my next drone will be an MP2EA or a Matrice 600. I also was looking at the Agra T10.
To me, the MA2 is wonderful, and I like to fly it more that the MP2 that we have at work (I'm a professional Firefighter). I think that is just due to me being much more used to flying mine on a regular basis. I don't like the MP2 controller all that much.
I figure that if I'm going to get into this that I need a drone that can do more than just take amazing pictures.
Just my thought.

I thought I was going for the air2S, then all this leaked stuff started showing up and I said…” Do ya really want to do an Air2S right now before seeing what’s newer?” Sooo…I bought a refurb mini while I wait. Under 400 bucks for a flymore combo. No complaints, its fun to fly around, takes great video, and I’m in no rush to make a +$1200 decision. Plus I’m getting in some practice in the basics that may save me from stuffing a +2000 dollar drone into a tree.
I am starting out, and interested in finding out where to buy a refurbish drone like an Air2S Or mini?

I went with the mini 2 fmc until I see what the mavic 3 offers.

Air 2S is too loud for me, poor flight time, and the smart controller has an ancient chipset and only ocusync 2.
(for use with my white goggles via hdmi)

Mavic 2 line is too old to buy into right now, although quiet and can handle wind.

I am hoping we get the Mavic 3 and an Ocusync 3 connection to the new style fpv goggles.

I would pay a fair amount for a MAVIC 3 fmc, with goggles, if the features and signal strength support the price.

Depending on what you want to do with the drone, I think the Air2S would be a huge upgrade for you. It’s an amazing drone. Many say it’s better than the M2P and actually holds up better in higher winds than the M2P. That was not my experience when I had the MA2 and Mini, which is why I sold both of them shortly after buying them. My P4Pv2’s and M2P and M2Z does everything that I need. Im not sure I’ll upgrade to a M3P right away or at all.

i know many people are selling off their MA2ms, P4Pv2’s and M2P’s at great prices now in anticipation of the new M3. Would you be open to buying used? (3) of my drones I bought used that had DJI care on it. My devices are also insured so it’s a low risk for me so the lower priced used drone is an added bonus.

Dji makes amazing drones, I’m sure you’re going to be super happy regardless of what device you buy! ??

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929