DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Air Activation failed...

ilkerka

Reactions
Hello,

I just boughtt a second hand DJI Mavic Air with the legit box and accesories. I sent my mavic air to a repair and just got it back when I try to activate, it shows the error. when I connect the aircraft with the control and my remote device its asking me to activate it. Then I get the message:

Activation Failed
The device being connected to is not the on being activated. Please connect to a genuine DJI device.
I ugraded al the software, reset it to factory defaults, did al the resets i can. And the former owner also checked on his account but cant find anything weird.

Can I get any help with this or does anyone knows how to fix this?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Welcome to the forum from the land of Oz. Mate if the previous owner activated the drone then you shouldn’t need to. Is the drone connecting to the RC? If so you should be able to fly.
Regards

Welcome to the forum from the land of Oz. Mate if the previous owner activated the drone then you shouldn’t need to. Is the drone connecting to the RC? If so you should be able to fly.
Regards
Hi Gagey52, thank you for the welcome. I solved the problem. I changed the camera and gimbal and the problem was solved. I wish you a good day.

godd day folks.

I have the same case of a second hand Mavic Air. I have just restored it back to factory setting and re-installed the firmware updates using DJI Assistant 2. Now I am trying to connect it to my other M Air controller (this 2nd hand Air didn't come with one) and it always say Activation Failed. Any other ways to bypass this other than what @ilkerka did (replacing the camera/gimbal)?

godd day folks.

I have the same case of a second hand Mavic Air. I have just restored it back to factory setting and re-installed the firmware updates using DJI Assistant 2. Now I am trying to connect it to my other M Air controller (this 2nd hand Air didn't come with one) and it always say Activation Failed. Any other ways to bypass this other than what @ilkerka did (replacing the camera/gimbal)?
Good day and best wishes for 2023!

I have the same problem with my DJI air.
Were you (#mavic Chester) able to solve it? If so can you help me to solve it for me too?

Can I get any help with this or does anyone knows how to fix this?

[personal contact information removed]

Last edited by a moderator:
After I replace a defect EMU and gimbal with camera I have the same problem.

But only on my Iphone on the Android phone of my wife it works just normal

(only stil a error about the camera) but it looks like everything works fine

Thanks for your response. I am an apple man and so really only have apple stuff and no knowledge and experience of android. Of course I will test it with an android device of an acquaintance. I'll let you know as soon as I know more.

I see that you are Dutch, so I could also have reacted in Nl hahaha. We can also call to exchange experiences.

Would you like this?

Hello 👋.
Please I just got gifted a Mavric air. Everything seems to be fine with it expect this activation issue. I have updated the firmware and all but it still gives the “Activation failed. The device being connected is not the one being activated. Please connect to a genuine DJI device. “

Please is there a way to fix it or can a third party app bypass this activation?

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zzombie