DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic air active track ( Trace ) RTH

tooting37

Reactions
Hi , brand new on drones so today use the active track called trace , and worked really well while I was walking with the drone follow me behind .. I walk from one end of the park to the far end .. no problems. BUT . When press RTH on my controller ( was this the right thing to do ?? ) the zone went sky high and went back to the beginning point where I started. Me rushing back ( running ) to collect my drone . So how when you FINISH the active track so the drone coming down where you are ?? Not at the beginning ?? Thanks

You can reset the home point to a new location in DJI Go4, but the phone/tablet needs to have it's own gps so that DJI Go4 can take a reading off it to set the new home point to the remote controller location if the AC is far away.

Or if the AC is nearby you can set it to the AC's new position, by landing it and resetting the home point based on the AC gps unit.

RTH will then go to the new home point set, but check the new home point on the map to make sure that it has moved to the new location and that this is a safe area.

1593224159112.png

The other thing you can do is just land normally at your new location without invoking a RTH .

Last edited:
Reactions: brett8883
When you are finished with active track, just press the same icon on the left part of the screen (active track). This will take you back to the intelligent flight mode menu. You can choose "normal" (little icon of the remote control) and that will take you back to the normal go4 flight window/screen.

Once you are back to normal, you can choose whatever you want to do. If you want to land where the drone is at, you can just down throttle (left stick typically) until it lands. Or you can choose the icon on the screen for "landing". If you press RTH at any point in the flight, you are instructing it to do exactly that...return to the starting point of the flight.

Note- if the drone begins to do something automatically and you want to stop it (like when it suddenly started to shoot up high and you began to chase it) just press the red PAUSE button on your remote. It will stop the drone from doing everything and it will just hover in place. Then you can have the freedom to not panic and look at the screen, make changes, etc.

Reactions: hiflyer201
You can reset the home point to a new location in DJI Go4, but the phone/tablet needs to have it's own gps so that DJI Go4 can take a reading off it to set the new home point to the remote controller location if the AC is far away.

Or if the AC is nearby you can set it to the AC's new position, by landing it and resetting the home point based on the AC gps unit.

RTH will then go to the new home point set, but check the new home point on the map to make sure that it has moved to the new location and that this is a safe area.

View attachment 105972

The other thing you can do is just land normally at your new location without invoking a RTH .

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bbj5143