DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Air after market LED props.

Bee Man

Reactions
If you own or are considering purchasing the LED props do not attach them and fly your Mavic Air because the inside hub of the prop/s becomes detached in flight which includes the top cap, circuit board and the battery and also rips the LED light strip and don't worry about looking for the bits because if you did find them you will still not be able to get them to light up again because of the ripped light strip. It happened to two of my LED props, I found 1 battery and 1 cap but to no avail.
Since then after replacing the 2 LED props and after my modification there was no detachments.
Because the centre top cap of the props clips down to hold the battery and circuit board in the hub the clip is too weak to retain the insides and fly's off at revs.
Answer to the problem: Remove the caps(watching that you don't loose the battery) and put a spot of super glue each side of the cap and clip back into position.
Well, you might be wondering, what if want to change the battery. Well the chance of the rechargeable batteries dying is pretty remote and if you think this could be a problem then put the smallest amount of glue on the edge of the caps. By the way, the old non lighting props can still be used for spare props..
BillBee..

You state “Well the chance of the rechargeable batteries dying is pretty remote “

It’s a battery therefore it hasn’t got an infinite lifespan, every time you charge it a little of it’s life is lost ?

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carlos22