DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Air Altitude Limit

Same question. How ?

Fire it in the air with a cannon. And, remember, if you think this is dumb, it's still not as dumb as flying above the 500m altitude limit.
if u dont know the answer then dont make it dramatic ... o_O

any one who knows the answer plz post thanks ...

Fire it in the air with a cannon. And, remember, if you think this is dumb, it's still not as dumb as flying above the 500m altitude limit.
I mean if your in the middle of nowhere I don't really see much of an issue. Just be safe and responsible when flying your drone. Now if your flying 500m in a city your just stupid. [emoji26] [emoji16]

Reactions: opethian
I found this on you tube
Seems like something quite straight forward on dji assist .Now just gotta find out what dji assist is!

djiboi said:
It needs rooting, nolimitdronez.com will probably be the 1st place to find it once it gets rooted.

I tried that, but unless I'm badly missing something, Mavic Air is not on the supported list of nolimitdronez and it will not work. I paid my money and I tried, it mis-recognizes the device as a Mavic Pro and then can't connect.

is there any way to remove 500m maximum altitude restriction of mavic air?

The altitude you see on your screen and the altitude you set for maximum height and RTH is the height above where you flew off from.- that starts as zero height
Neither Dji 4 app nor the MP itself can sense height above sea level, the only reference point it has is where you took off from

Reactions: Fred70
Why is set to 500 meters? When the legal high imposed by FCC is 120 meters maximum. Unless you are a commercial pilot with the 107 certification and needs to go beyond the legal limit.

Last edited:
The altitude you see on your screen and the altitude you set for maximum height and RTH is the height above where you flew off from.- that starts as zero height
Neither Dji 4 app nor the MP itself can sense height above sea level, the only reference point it has is where you took off from
this is false, the mp knows above sea level, most photo apps wont show it but its there in the exif data, i have an app that shows my mp images with above sea level info.not sure if the mp uses above sea level for anythig while flying but it does know

Reactions: Piggy
The important reference is relative to ones height while flying and what is shown on the screen is the height above the take off point and not above sea level
If there is a way to see the height above sea level, I have not found it and would appreciate knowing how to reference it whilst flying

Help the op do it. Then you will see a post asking for drone help as it’s lost or broke.

The important reference is relative to ones height while flying and what is shown on the screen is the height above the take off point and not above sea level
If there is a way to see the height above sea level, I have not found it and would appreciate knowing how to reference it whilst flying
i dont think there is way to see it while flying, i only see it in my mages deep in the exif data and only with one app i use, the others dont show it, i seen it the first time and said wowwowow either my gps is wayyyyyy off or somehtting is wrong haha, i then deducted the elevation of my home town,,,,, all was good again haha

Reactions: MavicFlyer
this is false, the mp knows above sea level, most photo apps wont show it but its there in the exif data, i have an app that shows my mp images with above sea level info.not sure if the mp uses above sea level for anythig while flying but it does know

GPS certainly provides altitude above sea level. If my phone can tell me elevation I'm sure the drone can.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Schmidteh121