DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Air Antenna and Booster Upgrades

Captain Black Beard

Reactions
Hi all,

I've been looking at boosting my signal for more secure long-range flights.
After extensive research, I've opted for the 4Hawks XR antenna, and have seen about 30% improvement in range in a dense urban environment.
I'm now looking into adding amplified boosters between the remote and XR and I was wondering if any of you have experiences with this or could recommend some of these I've found.
I'm looking at 2 of these:

US $113.99 5% OFF|Sunhans eSunRC 2000mW 33dBm 2.4GHz & 5.8GHz Dual Band WiFi Signal Booster Wireless Signal Extender Amplifier For RC DJI Drone-in Signal Boosters from Cellphones & Telecommunications on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group
* but these are 2W only. boosters, but the good thing is that they support both 2.4 and 5.8

I've also seen this 4W,
US $49.9 10% OFF|5W 5000mW 802.11a/an bluetooth Wifi Wireless Amplifier Router 5.8 Ghz Signal Booster with 5dbiAntenna for wifi network router -in Modem-Router Combos from Computer & Office on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group
* but they are either 2.4 or 5.8 so I'm not sure what would happen if I put these 2.4 on but forget to switch ti 2.4 and use 5.8 instead, or the drone uses auto?

Also if I use any of these will this impact the DJI Headset (standard), I've read a couple of threads that say that boosters can render DJI headset useless due to impedance incompatibility and the way they work, but none of the posts mention which boosters were used.

Also if you can recommend good cables for interconnection I'm open to suggestions.

Thanx in advance

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rapidair