DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Air Asteroid playback problems

NeilHK

Reactions
Hi everyone,

Just got the Mavic Air and loving it.

Pretty new to DJI's and drones in general so any help or advice welcome.

My problem - Did the quickshot for my first asteroid and when viewing it in the app on my phone the play back shows the fly away shot and then all the 360 frames being shot. So it doesnt show the little planet effect.

Anyone had this issue and if so whats the fix?

Cheers

Attachments

• SmartSelectGIF_2018-03-28-13-53-49.gif
    SmartSelectGIF_2018-03-28-13-53-49.gif
    3.7 MB · Views: 92
Reactions: Schnauzergeek
Hi everyone,

My problem - Did the quickshot for my first asteroid and when viewing it in the app on my phone the play back shows the fly away shot and then all the 360 frames being shot. So it doesnt show the little planet effect.

Cheers

Yes! I had the exact same problem today!
I thought for sure that I would get the problem resolved on this forum but no luck yet.

Hi everyone,

You are probably looking at the cache entry on the display device. Download the mp4 or mov file direct from the SD card.

Reactions: JSKCKNIT
You are probably looking at the cache entry on the display device. Download the mp4 or mov file direct from the SD card.

I had exactly the same "problem", tcope's answer to look at the file on the SD card is the solution.

Briefly - the video sent to the display device is "real time", it's the raw video that is going to be used to create the asteroid.

The drone will use the raw video to create the asteroid but it won't send it to the display device, it only saves it to the SD card or internal 8GB memory.

Yep. Alternatively, you can press the Play button in the button right corner of the app while you are still connected to your Air and then select the Asteroid shot. It will then convert it on the fly and even reverse the footage and add music. The Asteroid footage that is saved to the SD card is not reserved and has no audio, so if that's what you want, that's where you'll find it. Sometimes I like using method 1 so I can share it to social media in its edited form, while other times I like to download it from the sd card for editing on my computer.

Yep. Alternatively, you can press the Play button in the button right corner of the app while you are still connected to your Air and then select the Asteroid shot. It will then convert it on the fly and even reverse the footage and add music. The Asteroid footage that is saved to the SD card is not reserved and has no audio, so if that's what you want, that's where you'll find it. Sometimes I like using method 1 so I can share it to social media in its edited form, while other times I like to download it from the sd card for editing on my computer.

I found the footage and was able to transfer to my Mac photo files but I can’t seem to figure out how to transfer the reverse footage. That reverse asteroid footage doesn’t show up when I remove the SD Card and insert it into a reader to connect to my Mac

I found the footage and was able to transfer to my Mac photo files but I can’t seem to figure out how to transfer the reverse footage. That reverse asteroid footage doesn’t show up when I remove the SD Card and insert it into a reader to connect to my Mac

The reversed footage will only be found on your mobile device, so you'll need to transfer that video to your Mac via separately. Only the original non-reversed footage without audio is saved to the SD card. It's a bit of a pain, but the DJI editor inside the app is what does the reversing and audio additions. You should be able to save that edited Asteroid video straight to your camera roll on iOS or photo gallery on Android.

The reversed footage will only be found on your mobile device, so you'll need to transfer that video to your Mac via separately. Only the original non-reversed footage without audio is saved to the SD card. It's a bit of a pain, but the DJI editor inside the app is what does the reversing and audio additions. You should be able to save that edited Asteroid video straight to your camera roll on iOS or photo gallery on Android.

I tried connecting my CrystalSky monitor to my MacBook Pro but it did not show any video from my monitor to transfer over. I’m sure that there’s something I’m not doing correctly.

I tried connecting my CrystalSky monitor to my MacBook Pro but it did not show any video from my monitor to transfer over. I’m sure that there’s something I’m not doing correctly.

I'm sorry, I have no experience with the CrystalSky device, so perhaps there's a different method on it? Do I understand correctly that you found the Asteroid with the reversed footage in the app but just cannot get it off of your device? At least on the iPhone, you have to export the video to the camera roll by touching the arrow icon to save the footage (from memory, not sure of the exact procedure). If your reversed Asteroid is showing up in the app editor on your Crystalsky, see if there is a way to export it to the device's storage. Hopefully somebody with a CrystalSky can give you better advice.

Hello everyone, I have a problem with my drone mavic air, I was testing it and everything was fine, but when I flew with my cell phone via wifi I flew perfectly, but after wanting to connect it to the control it did not work and since then it does not connect neither to the control nor to my cell phone, I need your help please, if someone has the same problem and I can solve it and you can help me with that topic, I would appreciate it. ...

I'm sorry, I have no experience with the CrystalSky device, so perhaps there's a different method on it? Do I understand correctly that you found the Asteroid with the reversed footage in the app but just cannot get it off of your device? At least on the iPhone, you have to export the video to the camera roll by touching the arrow icon to save the footage (from memory, not sure of the exact procedure). If your reversed Asteroid is showing up in the app editor on your Crystalsky, see if there is a way to export it to the device's storage. Hopefully somebody with a CrystalSky can give you better advice.

I was able to transfer the reverse footage to my iPad mini however I was unable to post it to Facebook. I had no trouble posting the forward footage.

Not sure what’s going on with the asteroid process software, but I took 2 today can’t get it to display the version that has the music automatically added. I know I waited till it was complete 100% was displayed and returned to where it started from. Go to the on SD card via the app and I don’t see any astroid video

Wanna day DJI changed the process, but not sure???

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mavic 3 classic User