DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Air awl

Jimbo704

Reactions
Mavic Air awl turns left while hovering . I recently had stealth blades on it when it started I have since changes the blades back to oem and it still slowly turns left. (I never adjust the gain)

Try doing a stick calibration.
Don't forget that you have to do both joysticks and the wheel that moves the gimbal up and down to finish the calibration

IMU and compass calibration may help.
Poor compass can cause slow yaw. Quad may need to be degaussed as sometimes enough residual magnetism can get on it to throw off the compass some, but not enough to trigger calling for calibration or it chronically calls for calibration.

Mavic Air awl turns left while hovering . I recently had stealth blades on it when it started I have since changes the blades back to oem and it still slowly turns left. (I never adjust the gain)
I have the same problem and have mentioned on this forum. Stick calibration seems to help but did not completely remedy the problem, but it got much better.
My left stick wanted to yaw right. When doing the calibration it seems difficult to move the stick up or down without a percentage showing on my right yaw so I felt the problem may be in the controller.
I also did an IMU which really needs to be on a level surface and away from any interference. Just so you know, when you do the stick calibration you will not be connected to the drone,
just open DJIGO4 and turn on the controller, then go to camera view. Good luck, should work. I just purchased the M2Z so not playing with the air right now.

...mine did the same thing and it does come down to imu calibration,compass calibration,remote stick calibration and even vision sensor calibration...which can be done on DJI Assistant 2.
Doing these calibrations and keeping my Air away from anything magnetic and any objects that can be subject to magnetic interference(large metal objects or buildings,large or small speakers...even the small magnets in headphone speakers can throw the compass off if you have the drone close enough to them for any amount of time.
Even being close to the speakers in your car will throw off the compass.
So always calibrate the compass no matter what...but the vision sensor calibration is very important and so is the remote stick calibration.
Hope this helps

...mine did the same thing and it does come down to imu calibration,compass calibration,remote stick calibration and even vision sensor calibration...which can be done on DJI Assistant 2.
Doing these calibrations and keeping my Air away from anything magnetic and any objects that can be subject to magnetic interference(large metal objects or buildings,large or small speakers...even the small magnets in headphone speakers can throw the compass off if you have the drone close enough to them for any amount of time.
Even being close to the speakers in your car will throw off the compass.
So always calibrate the compass no matter what...but the vision sensor calibration is very important and so is the remote stick calibration.
Hope this helps
Thanks for the information

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada