DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Air batteries won't charge.

Silverspirit

Reactions
I didn't use my 'Mavic Air' for about 12 months and then went to charge it's 4 batteries as I wanted to use it on holiday. I have a battery hub so tried all 4 at once. Two charged ok, the other two, nothing! I've tired them again and still nothing. anyone know why this is?

I didn't use my 'Mavic Air' for about 12 months and then went to charge it's 4 batteries as I wanted to use it on holiday. I have a battery hub so tried all 4 at once. Two charged ok, the other two, nothing! I've tired them again and still nothing. anyone know why this is?
Did you drain them to completely dead? If you did, they might have done just that... died. Usually, when that happens, and they're not charging, their life has ended and they need to be replaced. Unless you want to open them and maybe repair it (I don't know how), then they're not good anymore. Might be able to sell on eBay though for a couple bucks

Guess you didn't put them on storage charge when you put them away back then 12 month ago & didn't cycle them each 3 month as the manual states ... and somewhere between then & now they slowly self discharged & died.

You could try to "revive" them by only charging one battery at a time directly through the cable without the battery hub ... can take up to 24 hours before anything happens (monitored or in a safe place), maybe they wake up ... but even if they start to take charge I wouldn't trust them for air duties anymore.

Reactions: BSauce955
How do you identify the correct lines to each individual cell? Is there a diagram indicating which wire goes where in that millepede multi pin nightmare?

Individual cells are not accessible from the outside, and even if they were you'd still need to reset the BMS to be able to make any use of them.

Last edited:
How do you identify the correct lines to each individual cell? Is there a diagram indicating which wire goes where in that millepede multi pin nightmare?
The pinning on the battery is after the BMS chip ... as said, you need to open up the battery in order to reach the individual cells. And if your intention is to swap out a bad cell it isn't as easy as just soldering ... you need to have both the right tools (sw) & knowledge to get the BMS working again.

Here's the pinning for a Mavic Air 1 battery ...

1640111889883.png

Reactions: BSauce955
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Allezzov