DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Air battery question

Rustedfrog8

Reactions
I work on a tow boat where I am gone 28 days then home 28 days. I am worried about what the time home could do to my batteries. What would be the best way to store them each time I am gone in order to give them the longest life I can? Any information is greatly appreciated.

Keep then in a cool place. If left fully charged they will automatically self discharge to half charge after ten days.

When you are putting it away for the month, make sure each battery is between around 60-70% or 3.8V per cell. And keep them in a cool area away from direct sun.

Also, charge the controller to about the same, my rule is about 3 LED's worth as it seems to discharge faster since it is always in a sleep mode and never really off.

If I understand you correctly:

1. You can fly with your phone in low power mode, but since the screen is on all the time you're flying I'm not sure how much difference you'll notice.

2. You can also fly with your phone in Airplane mode (my experience is that this will save your battery more). It will work just fine except you won't have maps on your phone and anything that depends on your phone maps.

Drone uses CELL PHONE power by the end of 2nd battery when flying Can an fly in low power mode?
is it ok to fly with cell phone in lower power mode
Ted

Not to worry.
If the Spark batteries behave any way the Mavic Air batteries behave...just doing the normal 10 day self discharge, recognizing the batteries were down and recharge...all 6 of my batteries were working 100%, nothing under 99% Charge and no lack in flight time and they were 2 years old when I sold out.
And no, the TWO Spark I had were not lot lizards.
Combined flying time on all 6 batteries was over 105 hours.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wqb3