DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Air behavior when on Litchi Mission?

Andy England

Reactions
Hi everyone,

I flew my MA in the Cederberg Mountains yesterday, and almost lost it.
I will make a video of the event, but briefly this is what happened...

1. Camping with no Internet Access (preventing using Litchi Hub and Google Earth
2. Getting a warning on mission launch that the max altitude exceeded
3. Adjusting altitude on the app thinking this was the problem, and not being able to confirm in Google Earth
4. Flying the mission only to lose contact with the MA (15 mins of sheer terror)
5. Just about ready to take a hike to find it when the MA returned.
6. Some rather scary heart stopping footage of the drone flying into the ground.

The drone was not damaged, not even a scratch.

Now I would like to know, if a mission takes the drone into the ground due to insufficient elevation planned, will the sensors stop the MA before it hits the ground?

Will it try to find a flight path around the obstacle? or just hover until the battery level reaches the RTH status.?

When that happens and the RTH altitude is still lower than the current drone altitude, will it still fly higher?

From this experience, I assume all the altitude warnings displayed is relative to the RC location and not the ground elevation unless this has been set prior to the mission in Litchi Hub?

This was a rather hard lesson to learn, and does demonstrate pilot error (and lots of inexperience) can prove to be potentially harmful to your drone and your health!

A

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
valter123