DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Air - Best Color Grade Software for Flat looking footage?

mp.jpeg

Reactions
I have been loving my mavic air after having it for a week or two, but one thing that I am having trouble with is the color grading.

I learnt to shoot in D-Cinelike, with a really soft picture profile, Something like 0, -2, -3.

Problem is, when I go to color grade, which I thought would be great using those recommended settings, I can't find the right settings.

This is RAW Footage. Super flat and Super hard to colour grade.

Can anyone help me? Where should I start? Thanks!

EDIT - I have tried numerous LUT's - no luck. They in fact make it look worse. Super dark.

Cheers!

For colour grading, Davinci Resolve is about the best you can get (and it has a free version that will do about anything you want it to). Only down size is it requires a bit of computing power. As for recording profiles, I started with D-cinelike and 0, -2, -3 like you and quickly abandoned it. I switched to 0,0,-1 and have been happy with what comes out. The footage looks good even out of the box and doesn't need much work in post if you want to color grade it.

Hi, already posted in another thread. I am not only Mavic Pro 2 owner but also professional colourist and colour scientist and I developed mathematical transforms to correctly transform mavic pro2 and mavic air footage to rec709/HDR and also ACES and LogC which are common grading colourspaces. Maybe have a look here. demos and check this demo video:

DJI transform HDR_complete_workflow.jpg

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000