DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Air - change WiFi settings

ApeXFPV

Reactions
Can anyone help please - I can't find a way to change the SSID and Wifi Password on my Mavic air..

Just arrived to day - first thing I did was update all firmware's (controller & aircraft)

DJI Assistant shows a Mavic Air - I can connect and update FW and download data, but I can't see a way to change any Wifi settings?

In the DJI GO 4 App, I can see WiFi settings - can change channel, but no way to change SSID/Password?

According to DJI Support (not much confidence there) this can only be changed through the IOS app? (I have an android phone) This surely can't be right???

The DJI Assistant should still provide a way to change SSID/ Password though???

According to DJI Support (not much confidence there) this can only be changed through the IOS app? (I have an android phone) This surely can't be right?
It's not. There's no way to change the password in the iOS version of DJI GO either.

Reactions: ApeXFPV
This is from DJI's website:

How can I change the Mavic Air’s Wi-Fi name and password?
First, connect your smartphone to the aircraft via Wi-Fi. Next, enter the DJI GO 4 app and go to Wi-Fi Settings to change the Wi-Fi name and password. You can also change the Wi-Fi name and password with DJI Assistant 2 on a computer.

Can I ask, why would you want to change the password ?

As Msinger said with the Air on IOS , it looks like on DJI Go 4 4.2.4, they have taken away the option to change the SSID and password.

I guess it's not that much of a problem if your using the controller all the time, where you don't need to know what the SSID is.

Fixed now...

My mistake was: I connected through the RC, not via Wifi - the option to change Wifi settings only appeared when connected to the Mavic Air via Wifi...

Still no option in the DJI Assistant though..? But I'm where I need to be now.

Reactions: synaesthesia
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shakes60