DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Air collision with Kite lines

The Mavic Air (and drones in general) amaze me how much abuse they can take and keep on flying! Great video. I have considered filming some hydrofoils in my area.

Here is the HydroFoil video I shot:

Reactions: spudpie
other kite (that was not supposed to fly there) collided with the drone

Just wondering why he wasn't supposed to be there ?
Seemed to be a lot out on the water.

Nice final video, it looked like that same kite flier came back for a 2nd go ???
Was the same kite markings.

In fact looking at 2nd shot in main video, he know you were there and tried getting it a couple of times ?

Reactions: elich11
Just wondering why he wasn't supposed to be there ?
Seemed to be a lot out on the water.

Nice final video, it looked like that same kite flier came back for a 2nd go ???
Was the same kite markings.

In fact looking at 2nd shot in main video, he know you were there and tried getting it a couple of times ?
I'm a kiter too, I talked to the guys before, and told them im shooting there, and to stay clear of my friend kite ( the black kite), there was not so many when we started, around 5, the wind was low.

Regarding the kite that hit, yes it's the same kite you see later, and from the video it seems like he wants to take the drone out, but this is just bad luck, it's very hard to spot the drone while kiting.

Eli

Reactions: MAvic_South_Oz
Tried to follow a friend that used HydroFoil, other kite (that was not supposed to fly there) collided with the drone.
Amazingly the drone
Recovered after full rotation in mid air.

You can see it in this short vid:

Eli
Good thing it did not fall in water. Is that the ocean. Salt water.

Tried to follow a friend that used HydroFoil, other kite (that was not supposed to fly there) collided with the drone.
Amazingly the drone
Recovered after full rotation in mid air.

You can see it in this short vid:

Eli
Lucky on that one. A simple solution is to just fly a little higher than they can and avoid the problem while getting pretty much the same shots.
I watch these kites by me and they can suddenly turn on a dime and reverse direction. In very windy conditions I have seen them jump
30 feet in the air. They can't see where you are.

Lucky on that one. A simple solution is to just fly a little higher than they can and avoid the problem while getting pretty much the same shots.
I watch these kites by me and they can suddenly turn on a dime and reverse direction. In very windy conditions I have seen them jump
30 feet in the air. They can't see where you are.
In this case it was in relatively controlled environment, 5 Kites, low wind, and I wanted to be low to catch the HydroFoil.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rarmstrong2580