DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Air controller battery at EOL

JoelP

Premium Pilot
Reactions
My 3-yr old Mavic Air controller has a battery that will only charge half way to full. I flew it today and the controller was giving a low battery warning after flying for about 30 minutes. I searched this forum and only found old 2018 posts saying the DJI didn’t sell this battery separately. It doesn’t seem that hard to change if I can find the battery. I even thought about using an external battery tacked to the back of my phone, but prefer to have the controller work as designed.

While I am at this I also wondered if there are better aftermarket antennas than those provided by DJI. More than once I have lost some control when the MA flew near cell towers.

Thanks in advance for any help.

My 3-yr old Mavic Air controller has a battery that will only charge half way to full. I flew it today and the controller was giving a low battery warning after flying for about 30 minutes. I searched this forum and only found old 2018 posts saying the DJI didn’t sell this battery separately. It doesn’t seem that hard to change if I can find the battery. I even thought about using an external battery tacked to the back of my phone, but prefer to have the controller work as designed.

While I am at this I also wondered if there are better aftermarket antennas than those provided by DJI. More than once I have lost some control when the MA flew near cell towers.

Thanks in advance for any help.
I don't think anyone has commented on the MA1 battery variation. There is some discussion on that style of controller which is used quite a bit among their other models. The best thing to do is a tear down (Use YouTube Videos for a how to do so) to check battery. Below is a link for a Mavic Pro Controller battery.

I have no clue if DJI used the same battery for that style of controller, but would seem to make sense if they did for cost savings and buying in quantity. Best of luck, doesn't seem like anything major from just googling to find a suitable replacement by going from a more similar remote as the MP1 does have the onscreen display so might pack more punch in the battery...but if it fits...what the heck, just check for same connector and color code to be sure as well as thickness and size: DJI Mavic Pro Controller Battery - 2450mAh Li-Polymer

This link states that Mavic Pro, Air 2, and Spark for the battery, so perhaps the MA1 is same? : Battery for DELL Mavic Air 2, Mavic Pro Controller, Spark Controller

Gives DJI Part number so perhaps contact DJI and see if they will cough up the MA1 battery part number?

Last edited:
Reactions: dawgpilot
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fara