DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Air Controller Data Error and IMU calibration issue

opethian

Reactions
Okay this is weird, I flew my drone yesterday and used two batteries with no issue. Today I went out again, recharged both batteries and formatted my SD card and to my horror and sprise I was seeing red army attack. Errors everywhere.
Main Controller Data Error
IMU Calibration required
Accelerometer failed
Gimbal cannot receive main controller data

What the $hell is this

IMG_20180421_221510.jpg
4edc4ce15eee7e02ad279f02f4a07003.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Jay004
My controller and AC have different firmwares, how to update Remote controller ? ... Doesn't show up in Windows 10 DJI Assistant 2 or in DJI GO4 app. IMG_20180421_225211.jpg

Hello, I have exactly the same error, does anyone have any information about exactly what is causing the problem and how to correct it? Thank youError Mavic Air 2.jpeg

Reactions: vinhidalgo
I have the same issue at 28 april.
any solution to fix?

Attachments

• 31269205_1125578584249857_1104122631_o.jpg
    31269205_1125578584249857_1104122631_o.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 49
How u managed to do this?
And it voids warranty isnt it?
Plz make a tear down video also, i still cant find how to remove top plastic cover and two screws which are holding it

I’m sure it would void warranty going that deep inside the bird. Is your MA under warranty and/or has DJI Care Refresh?

Here is a link that will walk you through each step to take your bird apart.
Make sure you have the appropriate tools.

https://www.rcgeeks.co.uk/blog/dji-mavic-air-teardown-whats-inside

Okay this is weird, I flew my drone yesterday and used two batteries with no issue. Today I went out again, recharged both batteries and formatted my SD card and to my horror and sprise I was seeing red army attack. Errors everywhere.
IMU Calibration required
Accelerometer failed

What the $**** is this

View attachment 36228
4edc4ce15eee7e02ad279f02f4a07003.jpg

Hey Opethian,

We're you able to figure this out? Facing the same issues, 1month old MA, dropped from 1m while it was still in the case.

Hello friends, I solved the error of my Mavic Air, the problem was the IMU Module, I replaced it with another one and it works now perfect, on eBay you can get it (Brand New DJI Mavic Air - Camera IMU Module - Drone Repair Parts | eBay). Thank you
Hey Eduardo :)
My Mavic has the same fail and send it to DJI, I just receive an invoice for repair my Mavic and they are charging me for the core board instead of the IMU, I'm planning to get it back and do it by me self, I don't have any electronic experience do you think I could fix it?

F1B1C863-5EE7-4ABC-8860-22BDF00E2161.png 77559590-17FD-4FC4-9838-0BC9EF221814.png 5AE35F27-E394-4FB4-92EB-4C3B07AAB4A2.png Hello can someone help me please I bought mavic air 2 weeks ago i chek IMU calibrate show me ACC1 data error i done IMU calibrate when the dron is cold reset the dron and still the same thank you

Reactions: Guam1497
I don't know how I missed this thread but going through same deal and error codes. Sent to DJI, they also said I needed a new core board and invoice was over $350! I had them send it back and got a new core board on ebay. Installed it and still have same error messages. Son of a *****, DJI had to know it was just the IMU but wanted to gouge me. I'm ordering the IMU right now! thanks

I'm a new MA owner and had this same issue after my first flight.
It crashed from about 1 meter high.

ERRORS:
IMU Calibration required
Accelerometer failed

After digging around the internet, forums, youtube, DJI, I watch the following video (with subtitles) :

From reading lots of other cases I concluded that something inside the IMU got stuck, so I ordered a new IMU from ebay, dissasembled the MA removed the IMU and gave it some taps, not too hard but hard enough to create some G's.
After 3 attempts it worked just fine. The errors are gone, the gimbal is working fine, will make a test flight this weekend after calibrating all the sensors.

And the new IMU is on the away, will keep it as a spare.

Hope this can help.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929