DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Air Controller - Not pairing

RickyPR

Reactions
Hi
I'm having and issue with my Mavic Air RC. The control is not connecting with the Mavic Air (flashing yellow on the Mavic, red steady light on the rc). Already tried the following.

1. On the Mavic pressed back button once then pressed combination of keys on the rc. Green flashing light and beeps. It timeouts.
2. Connected remote to computer using DJI APP v1.25. Checked latest firmware. When I try to do a Factory Reset it fails. Using usb-c cable with controller adapter, connecting to side.
3. Mavic Air is broadcastig WIFI. I saw on phone and computer the wifi broadcast.
4. When I connect the Control to the DJI Go App the remote is detected. RC Connected.
5. Checked Firmware on Mavic, up-to-date

Is something wrong with the remote or Mavic?
Any other suggestions to troubleshoot?

Thanks in advance for your help.

In that case it should work as long as the antenna cables have not somehow detached on the inside.

The most certain way to narrow down the issue would be to find another Mavic Air pilot in your area to try connecting to the drone or the the controller..

Sorry i cannot help more..

Hi
I'm having and issue with my Mavic Air RC. The control is not connecting with the Mavic Air (flashing yellow on the Mavic, red steady light on the rc). Already tried the following.

1. On the Mavic pressed back button once then pressed combination of keys on the rc. Green flashing light and beeps. It timeouts.
2. Connected remote to computer using DJI APP v1.25. Checked latest firmware. When I try to do a Factory Reset it fails. Using usb-c cable with controller adapter, connecting to side.
3. Mavic Air is broadcastig WIFI. I saw on phone and computer the wifi broadcast.
4. When I connect the Control to the DJI Go App the remote is detected. RC Connected.
5. Checked Firmware on Mavic, up-to-date

Is something wrong with the remote or Mavic?
Any other suggestions to troubleshoot?

Thanks in advance for your help.

I had a similar problem;
To point 2.
Do you see the current software version on the PC? If not then check whether you logged in with your account. If you see the version then a factory reset should be possible.

To your main issue of time out trying to connect. I did factory reset with no success.
Are you using any signal booster? Then keep on reading. If not then I can't help

The mavic air can only be Iinked at 2.4Ghz. A bit more explanation for those who do use a booster.
(I used an alientech booster 5.8 Ghz. For an unknown reason I lost the linkage between Air and remote. I ran in the same issue with time out no matter which way I tried. Then I dismantled my remote and checked the antenna cables which were ok. I reconnected my old 4Hawks passive antenna (unpowered booster) and was able to link the Air again. A few weeks later I lost the linkage again. Same drama......... But due to a broken cable of the passive antenna, it was impossible to get the pairing. I called alientech and they immediately said that I can't link the Air with my 5.8Ghz booster as 2.4Ghz is needed.)
So I ordered 2 standard antenna from alientech, which fitted with my quick connectors on the remote and in a few seconds I was connected to the Air.

Hi, I had a problem that belongs to more topics... From the begining my RC after upgrading the firmware wont charge to 100%(max to 75%), then it still looses signal, if not the rc, then the app in the phone looses connection... Upgrade didnt work, reset via Dji Assistant didnt work, so I decided to diassemble the RC and I pushed the reset button inside RC. It is under the battery on the right side.. That finally worked for me.. Good luck

Hi, I had a problem that belongs to more topics... From the begining my RC after upgrading the firmware wont charge to 100%(max to 75%), then it still looses signal, if not the rc, then the app in the phone looses connection... Upgrade didnt work, reset via Dji Assistant didnt work, so I decided to diassemble the RC and I pushed the reset button inside RC. It is under the battery on the right side.. That finally worked for me.. Good luck
Thanks Danny, didn't know there is a reset button. Do you have any pic you can post here?

Thanks Danny, didn't know there is a reset button. Do you have any pic you can post here?

Hi, unfortunately I have not a pic, because I didnt know too, there is a reset button :))
Maybe a video of installing ARKtek extender will help.

In video on 10:53 you can see the white button, you dont need to remove battery, just follow steps to approximately 6:00, then you have to temporarily connect the joystick buttons (it is little hard to do) and push the reset button (i dont remember, if the RC was on or off)....hope this will help to someone

Attachments

• mavic reset button.JPG
    mavic reset button.JPG
    42.2 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:
Thanks Danny
Hi, unfortunately I have not a pic, because I didnt know too, there is a reset button :))
Maybe a video of installing ARKtek extender will help.

In video on 10:53 you can see the white button, you dont need to remove battery, just follow steps to approximately 7:00, then you have to temporarily connect the joystick buttons (it is little hard to do) and push the reset button (i dont remember, if the RC was on or off)....hope this will help to someone
Thanks Danny but how do you reset the RC if you remove the battery and there is no power supply for the reset button. Can u access it with the bat installed?

Thanks Danny

Thanks Danny but how do you reset the RC if you remove the battery and there is no power supply for the reset button. Can u access it with the bat installed?

I m sorry... You follow video to 6 minute, not 7...everything have to stay connected.. I've edited the post

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000