DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Air controller

Keno0408

Reactions
Something has gone wrong with my controller , simply wont connect , I have tried everything on the forums my MV is still under warranty. In South Africa we have DJI trained technicians

Have you accidentally damaged the micro usb-A port, being a rectangular port, it allows you to insert the micro usb connector upside down damaging the connection tab in the port.

Does your controller still charge when plugged into a usb charger ?

lannes gave you good tips above. Just wanted to add a few

Troubleshooting any problem is a process of elimination Start with the simple and go step by step from there. In this case, start with identifying which part of the connection is not working since there are actually two connections. The first is the radio connection between the remote controller and the AC; does this work? Turn on both the remote controller and the AC; if the two connect, the connection status indicator led at the top left of the remote will be green, if not it will be red.

The second connection is the physical link between the remote and the phone. To trouble shoot this, use different cables and see if you can get the phone to connect with the remote using the USB connection at the bottom of the RC. Remember that you will have to unplug the micro usb cable that goes in to the remote on the top left side of the remote, otherwise the bottom USB connection will not be active.

Hope this helps you in narrowing down the nature/cause of the connection issue.

Hi Guys, my humble apologies for not introducing myself.
Newbie to this forum ,I am from Cape Town South Africa.
I have logged about 10 hours flying time with close a 100,000 meters distance.
I know the drone very well .The R C charges ,eliminates damaged USB connector., The drone goes into connection mode via Camera view and wired . I use a 8 inch lenova Tab all my hours and mileage has been logged using this tablet.
In camera view I can enter the settings page, can get as far as setting the sticks , I manage to calibrate the sticks. and then the page just hangs.
Up to this point attempting to pair has taken numerous attempts because of time outs.My software is up to date, battery on Drone and RC fully charged, one point I should mention I cannot calibrate the compass not even in a massive open field without power lines ,transformers etc.
The drone and RC is in at suppliers for assessment , let see what comes out of it. My own idea is the RC has gone AWOL.

You should have opened with that :) I saw you were new to the forum and I assumed you were new to the drone as well, sorry :) Hope the supplier will sort it out soon and you will be back in the air soon!

Stick around, this is a great place!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaxRichu