DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Air core and power board interchangeable?

MavicAirForce

Reactions
I've sadly crashed and water damaged my Mavic Air and I'm currently getting a solid red lamp on the back button lamp, apparently this means "critical error" - attached are some pictures of the connectors from the core board, one, I'm assuming is the power board and various sensor connectors (to show contrast). The power connector looks like it has electrolysis damage to me but would appreciate an expert opinion on that.

Anyway I'm now told that you can't just swap out some components because some are "paired" or "calibrated" with other components and thus for these kind of faults all you can do is send the drone to DJI. I'm in Eastern Europe, there is nobody in my country that can fix this, ideas anyone?

Attachments

• sensor con.jpeg
    sensor con.jpeg
    182.7 KB · Views: 29
  • power con.jpeg
    power con.jpeg
    120.8 KB · Views: 29
I‘d try scrubbing all the components and connectors with iso propyl alcohol and a soft toothbrush as this could remove the corrosion. Use the 99.99% pure version as this leaves less oil residue

i did exactly that and it did not work :(

There is still a lot of crud/ mud visible in both photos maybe you should dunk it some more, it doesn't look very clean

on that heatsink or where? i did not clean the heatsink as it does not matter at this stage

I would be cleaning everything as you don't know where the critical error is, it could be in any of the connectors and arcing across the IC boards etc.
then let it dry for a week or so before powering up. It's the powering up while still damp that damages components.

1597288228006.png

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Michael N