DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Air Crack in frontarm

jarrylarry

Reactions
hey guys,
Unfortunetly I crashed with my magic air the other day. First I thought, it was alright but after careful inspection I found a crack in the frontarm. Any recommendations how to fix it or should I send it in to replace the whole arm? I was thinking to get a a two component adhesive and try to glue it together? Any suggestions? I attached an image.
Cheers!

Attachments

• 7F049A58-A65E-4157-B24D-981BBC34F41B.jpeg
    7F049A58-A65E-4157-B24D-981BBC34F41B.jpeg
    675.6 KB · Views: 159
If you have Care, I'd be concerned about a home repair voiding the policy.

Two-part glue may work but what other damage has it done i.e to the motor ??
Also, you may have bigger issues if it falls out of the sky should the glue give way
Personally I would send it away. Its a lot of money

Before I discovered the crack I made a Tesflight and everything worked fine, so I don’t think the motors are damaged. I think I’ll try to glue it an try if it works out. If it the crack gets bigger I’ll send it in. Anyone knows the specs of the plastic material?

I haven't seen any videos that show how to replace that arm, but you can buy a replacement arm here on eBay if you want to try to fix it yourself.

Arm.jpg

Get a dremel with a small sharp cone shape bit. Starting very shallow, with the very tip of the bit, trace the crack to just past the end of the crack. Repeat, going a little deeper each pass until you get a grove a little less than half the thickness of the arm or to the bottom of the crack, whichever comes first. Fill groove with good structural adhesive like Hysol 9309. When dry, sand and paint.....good as new! I'd be extremely careful though, somewhere in there are the wires for the motor! If you have Care I'd just send it in and let DJI take care of it.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000