DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Air DJI go 4 not working for mac devices

smalt0141

Reactions
I just purchased a Mavic Air 5 days ago and have spent about 20 hours watching u-tube videos on how to get my drone in the air. When I loaded the program, it would just close on me and I was not able to find the Mavic wifi most of the time.
When I finally chatted with DJI help, they told me to take a video of my procedure which I did twice and sent it to them. Finally when I contacted them for the 3rd time I was given an honest answer ......the software was NOT compatible with apple products. I was told to try a different device. I am not going to purchase an android when I have 3 apple devices that could be used. I was also told that their engineers were working on the problem and it should be fixed by the middle of the month which is 2-3 days from now. ha, ha.
I tried to return the drone to Best Buy, but they want a restocking fee of 15% which I don't feel I should be obligated to pay when I purchased a non-functioning device.
Anybody else having a problem with pairing DJI Go4 with an apple product.

I just purchased a Mavic Air 5 days ago and have spent about 20 hours watching u-tube videos on how to get my drone in the air. When I loaded the program, it would just close on me and I was not able to find the Mavic wifi most of the time.
When I finally chatted with DJI help, they told me to take a video of my procedure which I did twice and sent it to them. Finally when I contacted them for the 3rd time I was given an honest answer ......the software was NOT compatible with apple products. I was told to try a different device. I am not going to purchase an android when I have 3 apple devices that could be used. I was also told that their engineers were working on the problem and it should be fixed by the middle of the month which is 2-3 days from now. ha, ha.
I tried to return the drone to Best Buy, but they want a restocking fee of 15% which I don't feel I should be obligated to pay when I purchased a non-functioning device.

I have the same problem, let us know if it works this solution i found.

The problem is only over iOs, i check Android and it works with no problem. The solution, for me, is to avoid sincronized RC with iOs device. You must link RC and Mavic Air direct as you can see at this video here (star 1:19) ,
After this, connecto your iOs device and, thats ok, at this moment is still working fine. Let me know if its work for you.

Just dropped a thousand dollars on a Mavic Air BRICK. Go 4 software shuts down anytime it connects to the internet on my IOS devices. Contacted chat support at DJI.
After "Checking with the engineering department" the rep stated that I need to watch the download area of the DJI website for updated software. So long story short it is a known issue that you cant run GO 4 on IOS now.

It seems to close down when it gets to the quiz screen or tries to update the fly map.

Maybe they should revert the latest update? Do something? This reflects poorly on DJI

Just dropped a thousand dollars on a Mavic Air BRICK. Go 4 software shuts down anytime it connects to the internet on my IOS devices. Contacted chat support at DJI.
After "Checking with the engineering department" the rep stated that I need to watch the download area of the DJI website for updated software. So long story short it is a known issue that you cant run GO 4 on IOS now.

It seems to close down when it gets to the quiz screen or tries to update the fly map.

Maybe they should revert the latest update? Do something? This reflects poorly on DJI
I am promised that within the next 1-2 weeks a new app will be available for all of us Apple users.....I checked with "engineering" several times and was originally told that the update would be ready in the middle of this month.....no way......so I will give them another 14 days at most to solve this or I will return same. Stay in touch if it does not work in 2 weeks.

Strange that many users, including myself, have been flying their DJI drones using Apple products for almost 3 years. GO4 works well with iPhones and iPads as long as they are powerful enough and can be more stable than devices using the Android operating system.

Wait, what? Not compatible? I run Go4 for my Mavic Air on my iPad, iPhone SE, and iPhone XS without issue, and have for years. Is this a new owner issue?

You’d probably have better spent your time reading the full online manual than watching some of the rubbish I’ve seen of YouTubers trying to show us how to fly our drones!

Reactions: Lastrexking
We have >10 iOS devices. iPhones iPads to je oldest n use is 4+ years until new iPhone 11 / pro and latest iPads

I NEVER had any issue with Go4.
So it is definitely not a Common Problem.

Which device are u using?

We have >10 iOS devices. iPhones iPads to je oldest n use is 4+ years until new iPhone 11 / pro and latest iPads

I NEVER had any issue with Go4.
So it is definitely not a Common Problem.

Which device are u using?
I use an I Pad mini 4 and hot spot it to my mobile phone, it works extremely well.

This is a good example of folks posting totally wrong information. Apple hw works fine with my P3, P4, and MA, through hundreds of flights over the last 3 years.

This is a good example of folks posting totally wrong information.

You have no basis for saying that as you have no knowledge of possibly very different circumstances to yours that others may encounter. You are posting no information other than an opinion based on no facts.

There are issues with iOS 13 which is very buggy and which have caused multiple problems for some with wifi/bluetooth and network connectivity unconnected with drones. Hence the quick release of 13.1 then 13.2 then 13.2.2 and there is a beta for 13.3 slated for release in the next week(s) or so to deal with some remaining network issues. DJI also are suggesting using current iOS is not advisable for SOME.

This can effect the GO 4 app on SOME Apple devices with current versions of iOS. The main issue is crashing the app on connection to the controller.

A temporary fix is to make sure your device is in Air-plane mode and Bluetooth off. You can fly but with a few restrictions.

Before you post, Dave Maine, do your research and don't just knee-jerk an opinion. Invest in a copy of Mac Format or similar and get the opinions of knowledgeable experts and then we might listen to you and learn something. Do you really think folk are inventing the fact that the app crashes when they connect a cable to their controller? The forum is to help people not disparage them.

You have no basis for saying that as you have no knowledge of possibly very different circumstances to yours that others may encounter. You are posting no information other than an opinion based on no facts.

There are issues with iOS 13 which is very buggy and which have caused multiple problems for some with wifi/bluetooth and network connectivity unconnected with drones. Hence the quick release of 13.1 then 13.2 then 13.2.2 and there is a beta for 13.3 slated for release in the next week(s) or so to deal with some remaining network issues. DJI also are suggesting using current iOS is not advisable for SOME.

This can effect the GO 4 app on SOME Apple devices with current versions of iOS. The main issue is crashing the app on connection to the controller.

A temporary fix is to make sure your device is in Air-plane mode and Bluetooth off. You can fly but with a few restrictions.

Before you post, Dave Maine, do your research and don't just knee-jerk an opinion. Invest in a copy of Mac Format or similar and get the opinions of knowledgeable experts and then we might listen to you and learn something. Do you really think folk are inventing the fact that the app crashes when they connect a cable to their controller? The forum is to help people not disparage them.
You know, you could have said all of that without being rude.

Reactions: dirkclod
I agree that generalization is wrong. However, I am talking about solid facts from actual flights, including IOS 13.x. Try getting your facts straight.

Fact is I used all those versions and Never had an issue .
I don’t use nothing but IOS and honestly can say I have
never had any issues what so ever using go. I stay currant
with updates so what ever is the issue with the op
is not common.
Guys stay civil in this and think before you post.
B010A08D-CEA6-47EB-B15F-2EA8C60EA52E.jpeg

Facts

251 Filghts (doesn't include Litchi flights)
29 hrs 33 min flight time
P3, P4, MA
iPhone 6, iPad x2
No flight problems due to any hardware and software

Don't ask about pilot error

Reactions: dirkclod
You know, you could have said all of that without being rude.

I was not rude not intentionally certainly. Maybe blunt and to the point in a reply to what I took rightly or wrongly to be a very disparaging and dismissive remark to some one with a problem and others I know have similar as yet unexplained issues.

Facts?
No matter how many successful flights by forum veterans, their experiences are not currently those of others. Quoting such statistics doesn't exactly help a newcomer and possibly makes them feel put down and inferior before they have even started and certainly doesn't contain any helpful suggestion or encouraging words for them.

Try getting your facts straight.

Not sure what facts exactly were not straight as what was quoted can be sourced to quite authoritative sources and indeed DJI themselves as some have reported here saying there are issues with SOME Apple devices. Perhaps they should know better than all of us? No matter lets leave it there as facts are not easily agreeable these days anyway.

My point was and still is, that saying "It works for me" in pretty much any situation is less than helpful to those with that problem and maybe is best left unsaid in the absence of any positive suggestion. If that is rude then I'm on the wrong forum. Lets hope that brings this minor disagreement to a close.

I think I passed the THINK test apart from "I" which is always a difficult one to achieve. So 3 or 4 out of 5 isn't too bad- IMHO.

This thread has kinda took a bad curve. Lets get it back on track from here out guys.
Thumbswayup

Fact is I used all those versions and Never had an issue .
I don’t use nothing but IOS and honestly can say I have
never had any issues what so ever using go. I stay currant
with updates so what ever is the issue with the op
is not common.
Guys stay civil in this and think before you post.
View attachment 85535

Hi would a apple air work with a mavic air 2.?
I have a apple mini but rather a larger screen.
Thank you for your time

Hi would a apple air work with a mavic air 2.?
I have a apple mini but rather a larger screen.
Thank you for your time
I personally have never tried one bet It would. I use the 10.2 and the extra screen helped my eyes a lot. A little more weight but worth it.

Reactions: Hawkeye.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Giku