DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Air driver unavailable

Bigbird48

Reactions
So I just got a new computer with win 10 which I never used before. yesterday I was able to download my picture from my drone and today I get this message no driver available . what do I do ?

So I just got a new computer with win 10 which I never used before. yesterday I was able to download my picture from my drone and today I get this message no driver available . what do I do ?
hi i have had trouble calibrating my sensors with windows 10 and 7 windows, does not recognise the driver. download DJI ASSITANT 2 and see if that helps as that has a driver incorperated (that did not help with my sensors )but could help you

For simple access to storage, no additional drivers should be needed. It should be presenting itself as standard USB storage.

For Assistant though, that uses all sorts of protocols including network over USB. What protocol is being used over USB depends on what function you're using with Assistant.
I don't know if latest update of Win 10 fixed it, but I do recall one needing to do something to get network over USB to work.

Reactions: dawgpilot and nigel
This may be what I once came across:

If you don't see the RNDIS adapter

If you don't see an adapter called RNDIS in the steps above, you need to install RNDIS drivers, then follow the steps above to set up Ethernet over USB.

Go to Device Manager. Under Other Devices you should see an entry for RNDIS.

Right-click the entry, then select Properties. On the General tab, select Update driver.

Click Browse my computer for driver software, then Let me pick from a list of device driver in my computer.

In the list, select Network Adapters, then click Next.

In the Manufacturers list on the left, select Microsoft.

Select the network connection corresponding to the RNDIS gadget and install it, then continue with the steps to set up Ethernet over USB above. For more information on this issue, see the Internet of Things forum.

I have no clue what your talking about, all Im trying to do is get my photos off my drone. I plug my drone into the computer and it says mavic air driver not available. It always worked on windows 7 .

I have no clue what your talking about, all Im trying to do is get my photos off my drone. I plug my drone into the computer and it says mavic air driver not available. It always worked on windows 7 .
if it worked yesterday and not today you need to go into device manager and reinstall that device driver

Windows 10 sometimes doesn't like DJI drivers, especially Windows 10 Pro. I've had to turn off blocking unsigned drivers every time I've installed anything DJI. It's really easy to do, just follow these directions.

Windows 10 sometimes doesn't like DJI drivers, especially Windows 10 Pro. I've had to turn off blocking unsigned drivers every time I've installed anything DJI. It's really easy to do, just follow these directions.
didn,t work for me instructions by a DJI technition followed

Perhaps I am getting the wrong impression, but it appears you are unfamiliar with windows and it’s settings. Can you get tech support from where you purchased your computer? This appears to be a Windows setup issue. Good luck. As mentioned, you can always view photos on your SD card with either a direct slot in the PC if available or a card reader.

I really hate taking the sd card out, have arthritis in my hands and that little card is a pain to get in and out . Plus at the moment I don't have a card reader. Guess I'll have to try that.

If you live alone get someone to take it out for you it only takes less than a minute and when you get to go out visit a computer store and ask for a usb stick that takes a sd card when you get home depending on your new computer it will have maybe in the front but mostly in the rear sockets that will take your new usb stick by the way they only fit one way once pluged in go to the screen that's on your desktop and open the icon that probably shows a picture of a computer and monitor click on those one at a time and in time you will find the usb stick that you have plugged in to your computer then click on the folders one at a time and you will find your photos, time taken less than 5 minutes.

I really hate taking the sd card out, have arthritis in my hands and that little card is a pain to get in and out . Plus at the moment I don't have a card reader. Guess I'll have to try that.
I have a pair of tweezers to remove and install the micro sd card from my Air. Works well and quick. Also, you should have received a card adapter when you bought the micro sd card. For what it’s worth, my Mavic Air work perfectly when connected via USB to my Windows 10 computer. But I am running the latest version of Windows 10.

In that situation, the AC presents itself as an external USB storage. The specific device ID might not be registered with Win 10, but Windows has the driver for the device class.

A bad USB cable, or intermediate USB hub can cause the device negotiation to get garbled. USB 3 is quite prone to that.
I know the M2 comes with a USB 3 to USB C, not sure what the MA comes with. USB 3 usually has blue plastic in the full size A plug. If you're using a USB 3 cable, try a USB 2 cable. Also try connecting directly into your PC if you're using a hub, and try various ports on your PC.

AC has the potential to be other USB devices mainly for the benefit of Assistant. That could be tripping your Windows environment.

Last edited:
Reactions: moiled
Why not take the sd card out of the bird
and put it into a usb stick that takes a sd card, unless of course you are trying to get photos from the birds own hard drive.

This is by far the best - you can buy sd card adapters on eBay for pennies and just plug the sd into the adapter and copy the images. The only time I have to plug the bird into the computer is when it saved to the internal storage. What a pain.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahb