DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Air Fan questions....

grgguy

Reactions
I just picked up a mavic air from my buddy who owned it for a week crashed it and didn't want his wife to know so he bought a new one gave me the broken one I replaced the two legs or two arms it's good to go.. however I have an error it says that the flight processor is going to overheat but the fan comes on and I don't understand because the fan comes on.. yet if I don't jump on it and get it in the air when the GPS first locks on then that error will come up and it'll say I can't fly.. Does anybody have a fix for this ? The drone does not feel warm the spot right above the process or fan does not feel warm I don't know how it can be overheating it doesn't feel like it's overheating. And like I said the fan does in fact turn on and never turns off. It's always on..

I just picked up a mavic air from my buddy who owned it for a week crashed it and didn't want his wife to know so he bought a new one gave me the broken one
Great story :) But I completely understand why he did that :D. Back to the topic at hand; I think the first step would be a thorough examination of the cooling fan for any damages it may have sustained from the crash. Your best bet would be to replace the fan entirely but a thorough examination should be your first step. Getting to the fan and taking it out does not look that difficult (although I have never done it). Here is a great video from YouTube showing how to disassemble the MA; it is in German unfortunately, but you won't find a better video anywhere else.

I have seen 'teardown' video's of the Mavic Air, and I'm sure that the Fan was described as being 'stuck' to the processor underneath it. It was necessary to remove the fan to change out broken motor arms in the particular vid' I watched. You might find that what the fan is 'stuck' with is a silicon grease heat-transfer compound (paste). If that has been removed then the processor will not be able to transfer its heat to the fan assembly effectively, which could be causing the overheat issues.
[Note that I've not taken a Mavic Air apart myself, so this is a suggestion - not a certainty! :) ]

Last edited:
Thank you to both of you for your responses Yes I did remove the fan when I change the arms and it's back in place. It is moving. Whenever I turn it on it does turn and we are spinning quite quickly. Would have had to resort to doing is I've got the top cover off completely. And I've been feeling it like that That's the only way it'll stay cool and fly. I think one of you suggested getting in a new fan. I think you might be onto something cuz I'm going to look into that and I'm going to check the thermal paste as well and make sure there's enough Thanks guys I really appreciate it I'll I'll update it when I have the full answer and fix if I get one

I am sorry for all the typos in that last comment I was using talk to text and You can see for yourself how well that works. I apologize for my laziness.

The fan does in yfact come on when I turn on the drone. There's no debris and it looks absolutely fine. I think one of you suggested a new fan I think that's going to be the route I take. I will also check the thermal paste as well. I think rhyat is very good idea. I'll keep you posted if these fixes work hopefully they will

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fast54