DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Air FCC mode hack still works?

_Dexter_

Reactions
New member here! My friend's Spark had relatively bad interference when flying near Cities. As we know both Mavic Air and Spark use Wi-fi instead of Occusync on the Mavic Pro.

About to jump the gun on buying a Mavic Air. Was wondering does the FCC Hack still work with latest version of DJI Go? If it does, is it better than the range/latency of Occusync on Mavic Pro?

If not then Mavic Pro it is.

Last edited:
Works fine and vastly improves the range. I had a Mavic Pro before this (just wanted something even more portable) and have had zero problems with range, but I’m not a distance flyer. It will easily fly a mile out and more in the right conditions, but I tend not to fly more than about 500 metres out at most.

Occusync (Mavic Pro) is way more reliable than the enhanced Wifi featured by the Mavic Air, even having the MA in FCC mode.Pure range with the MA is fine on FCC, but interference will occur way often/earlier than with MP which will limit the range alot from my experience. So if you are on an island and fly out the sea you will have a good range. If you fly in an urban area or at a beach with lots of people, you will a have half or 1/4 of the range because of intereference.

I have both the Mavic Air and Mavic Pro. I have flown them both in various locations, the Mavic pro just pips the Air in distance but not by much. I can fly from my front garden across fields and over my local Golf course and both drones go roughly the same distance. There is very little interference on these flights.

new guy here: Can anyone explain what this FCC hack is? All I've found is a modded version of DJI Go app, is that what youre referring to?

disregard, I found more information and its for the people not in the US

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maliyindian