DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic AIR firmware update 01.00.0400 (May 03, 2018)

This update just messed up my air. Can not pair with controller reliability. Or not at all....

Reactions: Charissa
Just updated all mine and seems fine fcc mode enabled as well happy days

Does not seem to update the batteries. In my case I had to remove the battery from the Air for about 30 min and now seems to be connecting fine. Thank goodness!

I was hoping that the app 4.2.12 doesn't allow the IOS app to see the 5.8 channels to give it some extra range.

For anyone that is interested, I loaded the new v01.00.0400 firmware that was released for the Mavic Air today and it did not improved the resolution of the geo tags embedded in the images :(

I updated my Air but when I tried to link up the controller, DJI Assistant never recognized it. Any ideas?
I did fly after I updated the Air and didn't get any error or screen message telling me I needed to update the controller. I thought they had to both be done at the same time.

Update was for air only. Not the controller or batteries.
Thank you, that is what I suspected.

However, when I plug my controller in, how come DJI Assistant doesn't recognize it? The icon never comes up on the screen to click on.

Interesting that they are admitting about GPS and compass problems have been solved. All those that had fly away problems and was told it was pilot error now have a case against DJI if they had to pay out.

Reactions: jesswin
Updated to 01.00.0400 this morning. Used DJI GO 4 app, Quad powered up and connected to controller and iPad (Just like I was going to fly). Clicked the red update notice on the GO 4 app start up page and waited. Updated successfully. Turned Quad, controller, and APP all off. Restarted everything and they all linked right up.

Had to reset the EXP settings, and return to home altitude. There may have been other things but I also may have been using defaults in some cases.

Flew two batteries and no noticeable problems.

Good Luck

Reactions: MikeMauk
Interesting that once the Air has been upgraded to .400, it cannot be downgraded. .300 made it possible to downgrade. Any idea why this update is so special?

It's been reported from a few guys that .400 fixed a connectivity problem. Which should prevent some problems. I'm assuming DJI doesn't want you using one of the earlier versions that might cause a problem.

When i go to update with dji assistant 2 the Mavic Air is listed as Mavic Pro. Is that correct ? seems wrong to me.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
motiongraphics50