DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

mavic air fly away... help

ozimad

Reactions
Was out on my balcony when it just flew away. luckly it landed in a cornfield without and damage... Any ideas as to why it happened. There are powerlines a street away.
model Mavic Air
log

Last edited:
Was out on my balcony when it just flew away. luckly it landed in a cornfield without and damage... Any ideas as to why it happened. There are powerlines a street away
welcome to the forum you would need to tell us which drone you are on about plus you need to post the flight logs for us to help

Reactions: itsneedtokno
Was out on my balcony when it just flew away. luckly it landed in a cornfield without and damage...
Any ideas as to why it happened.
Not without seeing the recorded flight data.
And the powerlines had nothing to do with it.

Reactions: Lionfish
I agree with Meta4 definitely not the power lines .
Power lines are very good at bringing drones down when they fly into them , but they definitely don’t interfere with drones controls .
Good luck with finding the cause of your flyaway .

Was out on my balcony when it just flew away. luckly it landed in a cornfield without and damage... Any ideas as to why it happened. There are powerlines a street away
View media item 3206

have now attached a log. hope this helps
OK ... you shared a movie of the flight replay in DJI GO4, that isn't what we need in order to be able to assist you ... (even though the shown flight path there show a nice toilet bowl shape, indicating a yaw error due to a magnetic disturbed take off point).

To start with we need the .TXT log from the mobile device you flew with ... read up here under section 3 on how to retrieve --> Mavic Flight Log Retrieval and Analysis Guide attach then the .TXT log in a new post here.

Reactions: dawgpilot
OK ... you shared a movie of the flight replay in DJI GO4, that isn't what we need in order to be able to assist you ... (even though the shown flight path there show a nice toilet bowl shape, indicating a yaw error due to a magnetic disturbed take off point).

To start with we need the .TXT log from the mobile device you flew with ... read up here under section 3 on how to retrieve --> Mavic Flight Log Retrieval and Analysis Guide attach then the .TXT log in a new post here.

here is my flight record

Attachments

• DJIFlightRecord_2020-07-11_[20-44-54].txt
    168.7 KB · Views: 6
You had an approximately 90° yaw error, almost certainly due to magnetic interference where you powered up. Most likely steel in the building construction. It is essential to check that the aircraft orientation arrow on the map is actually pointing in the same direction, relative to north, as the aircraft itself. If you had done that then you would have seen the problem before takeoff.

Position.png

When you started to face the consequence of a wrongly initiated imuYaw at 10m height due to reasons described in @sar104 post above ... the IMU thought that the aircraft was pointing according to the green bar ... imagine that it in reality was pointing more in a westerly direction. If you want this confirmed without any doubt you could provide the mobile device .DAT log ending with FLY081.DAT.

1594744131799.png

many thanks guys appeciate all the help... so its important that the aircraft is positioned in the same direction as shown on map/phone before takeoff

Reactions: old man mavic

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twistedpair