DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic air follow me

gfunkmc

Reactions
Hi guys newbie here from the UK ... I got this Mavic air to do some mountain bike filming and some watersports etc.. been trying the follow me / active track etc and it seems pretty poop ??? Keeps loosing me and returning home even tho I'm in the wide open so not as if I'm going behind anything etc ....
Any tips and advice will be appreciated
Thanks
Gareth

Are you using the remote control or just the phone on wifi? If just the phone it will only go 100m before it stops. Needs Dynamic Homepoint (or litchi).

I was going to say that losing subject doesn't cause RTH, but losing remote signal will. I assume that includes losing Wi-Fi when using only the phone to control.

Note that Follow Me mode tracks your remote GPS coordinates rather than visually tracking a subject which is Active Track. Follow Me mode was not included in M2 if anyone with an M2 tries to look for it.

Don't have the Air anymore but I'd found that the most reliable "follow me" mode was to have it track in "gesture mode" since it forces dynamic home point and follows up and down. It will track pretty close though, 30 feet max I think.

Are you using the remote control or just the phone on wifi? If just the phone it will only go 100m before it stops. Needs Dynamic Homepoint (or litchi).

Using remote... Yeh kind of wishing I went for the pro so I had dynamic homepoint ....
What's so good about this litchi??? Looked at it but didn't want to part with the money

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada