DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Air Front Landing Gear DMG

Mcgeheeiv

Reactions
Hi Everyone,

I am new to this forum but couldn’t find someone with my issue. My Mavic Air took a slightly hard landing and this broke off. The Mavic Air flies perfectly but the landing gear wiggles in the front. As you can see.. I should only need to remove this one screw and replace the cover right? Anyone know what this part is called and hopefully no soldering is needed.
Note: the legs attached to the body have no damage and no scratch on my Mavic Air.

Thanks,

Edgar

78414B2BC2424-63F9-4B98-8144-EDB4A501B58D.jpeg

I believe the front landing gear also houses the antenna, so it might be a little more complex of a swap, but not bad.

I could be wrong though, someone more knowledgeable than me will chime in.

I believe the front landing gear also houses the antenna, so it might be a little more complex of a swap, but not bad.

I could be wrong though, someone more knowledgeable than me will chime in.
Mavic Air repair part - antenna holder/front arms by RobertZimmermann

You can clearly see that this just holds a pin to stabilize the antenna/leg/landing gear. However, I’d rather an official vs printed part. Sending my drone in for something this silly is a waste.. any idiot can change out a screw and fit a pin in some holes. As an ex Air Force aircraft mechanic, I have more than enough skill to do something so simple. I’m waiting on DJI’s reply from a supervisor and hope they do the right thing. I hear some people end up with a refurbished product and that is dumb to give up my well taken care of drone.

You can’t buy that part from DJI as they won’t sell it to you. I had same problem and only option they gave me was to send drone in to them for repair.

I ended up printing the part and while it took a little work with a Dremel to get it to fit, nine months later it’s still working. Leg doesn’t “snap” into place but it stays in place for entire missions.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
svdroneshots