DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Air FW update cripples camera

AeroMirage

Reactions
Since FW update camera defaults to interval 5s some times when it is shutdown.
After shooting panos, the camera freezes up and will not operate at all.
(Not froze up as in cold, it is 55 degrees farenheit.)
There is live video feed and gimbal moves but camera wouldn't do anything. All options greyed out.
I noticed these anomolies this afternoon and went back out to do more testing.

After second pano, camera locked up again. It actually only shot the first iamge of a sphere then froze.
Landed AC, restarted it and camera back in action.
To eliminate this as a problem, I switched it to JPG only. (Was set on JPG + DNG)

No difference. Launched again and shot 2 panos, and camera froze again.
Seems to only effect panos. I shot several stills with no problem then a pano froze it again.
No other ill effects seen from FW update, but this is pretty serious!

Reactions: k9x9
Noticed similar behavior yesterday after shooting a spherical pano. The camera did not freeze but Pano and HDR were missing from the camera options. Restarted the MA and the camera was back to normal.

My panos would not complete and froze also ....i had apas on so i turned it off and panos are back to normal. I guess that function cant be on while doing panos?

Edit i seen in your other thread u had "apas" off....sucks. i did experience something weird today where the air would default to interval shots of 5s timed shots or what ever they are called... I was able to switch to regular single shot mode but it was definitely weird

Last edited:
I've been shooting raw pano's and haven't had any issues.

But I chose the process where only the stitched image is recorded and not the individual shots

I have figured out part of it. It is clearly a FW issue. If you try to shoot a still or a pano while in S mode the camera locks.
On the Spark, if you try to shoot a pano in S mode, a message pops up saying that shooting is not permitted. But that's all that happens. As soon as you switch back to P, it works. And this was not an issue before the FW update on the Air.
Only way out is to land and reboot. Not sure what, if any, influence APAS has because I keep it off. Hope DJI fixes this soon......

This might sound weird, but I am quite relieved to read all your experiences. After flying yesterday I had the same issue as everyone else here, camera locked up, options greyed out, all after shooting pano. I was worried my mavic air was broken or something. Glad to see its just a firmware issue that will most likely be resolved sooner than later.

Thanks everyone!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AviewFromAbove_