DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Air Gimbal Dial Is also moving drone?

SkyTopCinema

Reactions
So a few weeks ago, my Mavic Air started doing this weird thing. When it’s up in the air, and I try to adjust the pitch of the gimbal, the gimbal moves, but the drone also moves sideways, in which ever direction the dial is turned. I tried recalibrating a few things, but nothing worked. Any ideas/thoughts are appreciated.

Try recalibrating the control sticks.

I've had this happen randomly. I think it is toggled on by an accidental press on the gimbal wheel. Just a thought, next time out I will try to replicate.

Last short flight I've done was even crazier...

As I was landing, pulling right stick/ backing up to me the drone went actually UP...

Then I moved closer and pulled the left stick down to land it on my hand...

I'm extremely suspicious this is all programed obsolescence to make the drones crash!

Seriously

I have problem of the gimbal wheel controlling side to side movement. It has done it in the air and also using the DJI simulator. Also it seems to go into atti mode with plenty of satellites 17 or more. No announcement of ATTI mode but lots of drift.

I have problem of the gimbal wheel controlling side to side movement. It has done it in the air and also using the DJI simulator. Also it seems to go into atti mode with plenty of satellites 17 or more. No announcement of ATTI mode but lots of drift.
I’m still experiencing the same problem.

I’m still experiencing the same problem.

This hasn't happened to me lately but, last flight I lost video feed twice and everything was well connected!
Nevertheless although the video feed went grey, the telemetry was still showing distance so I cancelled the RTH (100 feet) and brought him to land. A few moments later it happened again BUT. This time as the drone was close i just went back to the splash screen (Go Fly screen) and entered again and there it was the video feed!
For me, as I stated before, this is most definitely induced programed obsolescence from the brand to make the drones crash after Care Refresh expires.

I wouldn't take any big chances when flying out nowadays especially with high winds or continuous warnings either from magnetic interference or lack of video feed...

This really shows how important it is to take off only after setting home point with at least 10 or more sattelites...

I will even start using a rechargable flashing led under te drone when for some reason he gets for some reason OVLOS this way I'm always safe...

These birds aren't cheap

I HAD the problem of the gimbal wheel causing lateral movements on my Air. I sent it in to DJI and they replaced left and right control stick modules. Pretty good turn around time.

Reactions: hiflyer201
I HAD the problem of the gimbal wheel causing lateral movements on my Air. I sent it in to DJI and they replaced left and right control stick modules. Pretty good turn around time.
Thanks for the info Capt.! I think that it's my controller at fault also as it also demonstrated the same fault on the DJI sim. ..Just curious..what was the fee if that's an appropriate question?
Mike

I sent you a message using the forum conversation feature

Interesting. Does that seem to have fixed the issue?
The issue was observed in the RC control calibration procedure. When the gimbal wheel was moved, the right stick showed right/left movement. Yes it fixed the issue. Just completed calibration and it was OK.

Reactions: Thomas B
The issue was observed in the RC control calibration procedure. When the gimbal wheel was moved, the right stick showed right/left movement. Yes it fixed the issue. Just completed calibration and it was OK.
Nice! Did it cost much for them to repair? I still have that same problem, and im considering sending mine in.

Nice! Did it cost much for them to repair? I still have that same problem, and im considering sending mine in.
DJI fee for repair was $65 plus parts, which turned out to be $16 US

I experienced the same today. Almost went into the wall before I reacted to stop.. we don't have DJI service in india but do you think cleaning the stick wheel can help. My sticks are also giving small unplanned inputs

I had the same thing happen many times. I would do a calibration and it was ok for awhile. I finally sent the drone and controller to DJI and they replaced the left and right stick modules (not expensive) and the gimbal control and when I questioned them as to why they were faulty they gave me a discount. I paid 90 dollars and got back a brand new Drone and Controller. My Drone was around 18 months old.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
miguelmas