DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic air gimble start up clunk

Adamisprimal

Reactions
Good day fellow Pilots,

I have bought a replacement Mavic air as I have spent no less that 80 hours searching for my first 1. So I had noticed that the air that I have now has a real hardcore clunk when the gimble is doing its start up calibration. when it goes down there is a clunk/click noise that I do not recall having on the first 1. I spoke with DJI and they said its not a concern point. My worry is that this is a fault and I should get it sorted while its still new(under warranty) In they had a special on Mavic air fmc in December but the worry is these were all refurbished units. So yeah I am, concerned also this drone seems to be very wobbly on descent like even to the point where the video shows the wobble. Had no crashed and flown with care so I just want to make sure I do not have a lemon on my hands here

My MA1 have always had that click when doing the initial startup moves ... have never had any problems coming from that for years.

That wobble on descents can be normal, more facts needed to tell anything ... did you descend straight down without horizontal movement, did you use Sport mode or Normal, what gimbal mode did you use, Follow or FPV & what's the condition of the props, have you tried another set?

Prop wash will always occur to a degree when descending more or less straight down & the faster the worse it will be.

Thanks for the input you guys! I have a new set on currently went out flying today and decided to bust out a set of new props. My gimbal is on follow I think. To be honest I do not know the difference between the 2 and always stuck to follow. And descent was straight down and I don't think it happens in grandpa mode but definitely in sport. I figure it is just prop wash causing this but like I would assume that's what the gimbal would be there for to compensate for flight abnormalities. Maybe I am just mistaken but could of sworn my previous MA did not behave like this. I could just be uneasy with a refurbished item. Dji asked for videos and flight log account and said I need to send it iin

Thanks for the input you guys! I have a new set on currently went out flying today and decided to bust out a set of new props. My gimbal is on follow I think. To be honest I do not know the difference between the 2 and always stuck to follow. And descent was straight down and I don't think it happens in grandpa mode but definitely in sport. I figure it is just prop wash causing this but like I would assume that's what the gimbal would be there for to compensate for flight abnormalities. Maybe I am just mistaken but could of sworn my previous MA did not behave like this. I could just be uneasy with a refurbished item. Dji asked for videos and flight log account and said I need to send it iin

I have owned 2 Mavic air 1 drones and both made a noticeable click/clunk on startup as the gimbal moves up and down.
It never caused any problems for me.
Like when mine turns on the way down it it seems to hit something hard then goes up and then centers

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada