DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic air help

sLcPiLoT18

Reactions
Hey everyone what’s the best iPad Pro 11” mount for Mavic air controller ? Also do I need a special usb-c cable or the one that comes with the iPad works to connect to the RC, TIA.

what’s the best iPad Pro 11” mount for Mavic air controller ?
Here are a few to check out:

do I need a special usb-c cable or the one that comes with the iPad works to connect to the RC
No. You can use the cable that came with your iPad.

If you want a shorter cable (so there isn't so much slack), one of these 1 foot cables would be a good fit:

Hey everyone what’s the best iPad Pro 11” mount for Mavic air controller ? Also do I need a special usb-c cable or the one that comes with the iPad works to connect to the RC, TIA.
I agree with msinger's recommendation, to which I would add the following:
  • Both are solid mounts, though a tad on the expensive side.
  • Both hold the iPad basically "over" the RC, attaching to the arms on the RC.
  • There are others which attach the bracket to the body of the RC, placing the iPad "above the RC.
  • If price is an issue, there are less expensive ones, though I'd go for one of the ones with the least plastic.
I just got this one recently, replacing a plastic one, and am happy with it:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B071RK5FYY/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

BTW, I'd hold off on the short cable until after you get the mount, because you may find 1 ft to be a bit short; I use an iPhone 8 in a Catalyst waterproof case connecting the iPhone to the full size USB port at the bottom of the controller, and it's just barely long enough.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Opus3