DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Air in Canguu, Bali wifi limitations

Mcengrau

Reactions
Hi I am in Bali and it seems that the wifi communication is limited or something.
When I fly at the beach to film surfers I can hardly go 150 meters away before losing connection with the drone. I first lose the image and if I push it I lose connection with the drone and it comes back normally. Why is it that when I was flying in Thailand 2 weeks ago I could fly easily 500 meters to 1km away without interruption? When I turned on the drone in Indonesia the 1st time I received a message that I was in a different country and that the wifi would adjust (I'm not sure exactly what was the exact message since I pressed ok thinking it was irrelevant) Since then, it's been really bad. I can't achieve what I was doing in Mexico or in Thailand which was filming the surfers 300-500 meters away. Anybody encountered the same problem with the Mavic Air or do you guys suggest a solution. I tried a lot of things and nothing has changed. Tried 4-5 different beaches, 2.4-5.8ghz, tried refreshing the firmware, recalibrating... I'm starting to feel that the limitation might be local. Anybody??

Your drone has switched from FCC to CE bandwidths. Easy enough to hack it back into FCC mode (check Youtube for tutorials), but remember to press cancel when it gives you that wifi dialogue box in future.

Reactions: Mcengrau
IT HAS WORKED!!!!!! I was able to switch it back to FCC mode! To be honest it was a bit complicated but I'm really happy it did work! Thank you SO much for directing me towards the right information!!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
James Hoogenboom