DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Air... Is this legit?

If you were attempting to link the $449 Mavic Air listing, I don't think it's legit. The price is too good to be true, the seller has 0 feedback, the seller claims to be an authorized DJI dealer but is posting from a random eBay account, and the item ships from Australia. Save yourself the hassle and buy from one of these reputable sellers instead.

I agree with msinger. There are many unreliable sellers in eBay and Amazon selling drones at prices too good to be true. Don't be tempted. Chances are you'll never receive the drone you paid for if you fall into their trap. Is not worth the risk.

There are many unreliable sellers in eBay and Amazon selling drones at prices too good to be true
It seems there are more scammers on eBay. Amazon is pretty good about weeding out dishonest sellers quickly.

Keep in mind that there are lots of authorized DJI dealers selling on both Amazon and eBay. And it's perfectly safe to buy from them (more so on Amazon since they have stricter policies). All dealers selling on Amazon are in this list.

It seems there are more scammers on eBay. Amazon is pretty good about weeding out dishonest sellers quickly.

Keep in mind that there are lots of authorized DJI dealers selling on both Amazon and eBay. And it's perfectly safe to buy from them (more so on Amazon since they have stricter policies). All dealers selling on Amazon are in this list.

I find Amazon UK are a bit up and down at the moment, sometimes they're quite fast taking down the scam sellers but sometimes I've seen them stay up for some time, even weeks. I have contacted Amazon about how to report these sellers but never got a proper answer out of them, I told them about blatant scam sellers and nothing happened for some time after. What's irritating is the scam sellers are usually very obvious as they'll list a large number of highly desirable items at far below market price and will normally have a seller description saying to mail them instead which means no payment protection from Amazon.

What's irritating is the scam sellers are usually very obvious as they'll list a large number of highly desirable items at far below market price and will normally have a seller description saying to mail them instead which means no payment protection from Amazon
I don't know the UK rules, but that's the first thing Amazon mentions in the US list of prohibited activities. If the UK rules are the same, it should be easy to get those accounts shut down if you have the time of day to report them.

If an eBay seller won’t take PayPal I just click the sale away. Takes up to 30 days, but at least you can get the $ back.

Buy from known outlets as suggested above, or from well established forum members... and still use PayPal.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
testtest