DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

MAvic Air keeps climbing

Radartk

Reactions
Hi Folks, I have a MAvic Air. After downloading new firmware, I have been having problems. When I start the Mavic air with the automatic start feature, the Air is supposed to start, then climb to about 4 feet and hover. But after the automatic start button is pushed, the Air starts and climbs. It won't stop at 4 feet. Infact, it keeps climbing, even without touching the joysticks. I have to push the left sick down to get it to come back to the ground. Anyone ever had such an experience??
Thanks so much,
Tom King
in Tennessee

Reactions: aptrail2005
Check out your TXT flight log to see if it explains what happened. You can upload and view it online here. If you'd like other people to review and comment on your flight log, then please post a link back here after you upload it.

I would recommend re calibrating your IMU, sensors, and controller. Im glad that it didnt fly away on you!

Thanks so much for your help, I know how to re calibrate the IMU, but not sure how to re calibrate the sensors and controller

Check out your TXT flight log to see if it explains what happened. You can upload and view it online here. If you'd like other people to review and comment on your flight log, then please post a link back here after you upload it.

Thanks for your help, How do I upload the TXT Flight log, any help thanks, Tom King

Reactions: Inspirephil
No problem. If you post the link back here, I can review it and let you know what happened.

Honestly, I had the same experience, but didn't think anything of it...just barely pressed down on the left stick to stop the drone from continuing to ascend. The Air is a pretty new drone for me... So I just assumed it was normal behavior.

I just assumed it was normal behavior
It's definitely not normal. The drone should hover in place when the remote controller sticks are in the center position.

It's definitely not normal. The drone should hover in place when the remote controller sticks are in the center position.

Thanks. It hovers in place just fine...it is only on take-off that it continues to ascend... I'm suspecting low GPS in my case...I will pay closer attention on future flights.

I'm suspecting low GPS in my case
The drone only uses GPS data to hold its horizontal position. The problem most likely has something to do with the downward sensors or the remote controller calibration.

Is it possible you are selecting precision landing at takeoff? With precision landing, the Air with continue rising to about 16 feet (I believe) to gain a more accurate snapshot of its surroundings when landing. I updated my Air recently too, and I had the same problem. It turns out I was checking the precision landing box that popped up after I initially selected the takeoff feature. It was only my 6th flight when I did the update, so I don’t recall if that pop up had always been there and I just coincidentally started selecting precision landing after the update, or if that pop up was new.

Thanks for your reply,
I am using Precision Landing. But I thought if you used Precision Landing the Air would take off and hover about 4 feet. I have not heard about the air supposed to go to 16 feet!! Thanks, TK in Tn.

Thanks for all this information about retrieving flight records. Even someone who has been flying for years can learn something. I never knew about retrieving them from iTunes before now. I use AirData to retrieve and review my flight records from both my M2P and my Inspire 2 but I am going to check out iTunes and see if they’re any different.
See, even an old dog can learn new tricks. ;)

Thanks for your reply,
I am using Precision Landing. But I thought if you used Precision Landing the Air would take off and hover about 4 feet. I have not heard about the air supposed to go to 16 feet!! Thanks, TK in Tn.
It's about 16' for the Hover after selecting Precision Takeoff/Landing.

Reactions: DocShultz

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jamoke