DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Air Lift data

flylice

Reactions
Saw a lot of MA reviews, but nothing about how much weight MA can lift. Any MA owners can shred a light on it?

You surely won't find any DJI specs for this...for obvious reasons

That's because the MA isn't made for lifting. I'm sure DJI made an optimal drone and the equation for lift to weight to power consumption has been utilized.

Reactions: flylice
MP can do 900 grams from videos I see, hope it can lift at least 400 grams, of course flight time will be shortened..

MP can do 900 grams from videos I see, hope it can lift at least 400 grams, of course flight time will be shortened..
I wouldn't recommend any long flights with too much extra weight. You'll blow out your motors and esc. Sadly the esc is connected to the board, and replacing one would be in the hundreds.

Why is it that there's always someone who feels compelled to reply to a simple question by trying to invalidate it? This thread is a perfect example-

Q: How much weight can the Mavic Air lift?
A: its not designed to lift weight.

Thanks broseph, super useful.

A sincere thank you to the people that actually added to this discussion. Now I know, without having to test, what my Mavic Air can lift. I don't intend to use it to lift objects, but I would like to understand ALL of its capabilities.

This super annoying forum phenomenon is not limited to drone forums. Practically every question on every forum has multiple replies trying to invalidate it. Please stfu already and stop gumming up the threads with reasons why the question is stupid.

There are no stupid questions, only stupid....Thank you in advance for making the internet less annoying and more useful place.

?

• Love
Reactions: 1bad
No you don't becasue the only "answer" in there was given completely at random and has no validation at all.

Typically if nobody knows AND nobody answers the OP will jsut come back and ask "come on, nobody"? and there people feel compelled to answer something even when they don't know, so it's no better.

So it's pretty easy, if the answers you get are nothing, "I think it.." or "it's not made for it" the conclusion is just that nobody knows and you're on your own finding out for yourself.

Reactions: jaybird66
Saw a lot of MA reviews, but nothing about how much weight MA can lift. Any MA owners can shred a light on it?

I have recently purchased a small 360 Rylo camera and mounted the 100 gram fish eye camera on top and below the Air. I have noticed getting motor current error due to the extra power needed to lift off. I have gone as high as the 400 click limit with also LED prop guard that weigh more then your standard prop guard on at the same time. So I say this bird can lift at least 150 grams with my test.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carlos22