DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic air lost

In the future, consider returning home around 20-30% battery. Not only is that best practice, but it avoids situations like this. Even more importantly, it is very bad for your batteries to be run down to 0% so you pretty much never want to do that if you can help it :) Charge that battery up ASAP to about 60% if you haven't already - letting them sit at 0% is about the worst thing you can do for them. Glad you got er back!

In the future, consider returning home around 20-30% battery. Not only is that best practice, but it avoids situations like this. Even more importantly, it is very bad for your batteries to be run down to 0% so you pretty much never want to do that if you can help it :) Charge that battery up ASAP to about 60% if you haven't already - letting them sit at 0% is about the worst thing you can do for them. Glad you got er back!

Just charge them up to full and they'll auto-deplete to a safe level for storage.

Reactions: Stefan zoch
Just charge them up to full and they'll auto-deplete to a safe level for storage.

That is less than ideal because then there are 10 days where the batteries are sitting at 100%, and they generate heat the whole time they are discharging themselves after that 10 days. It's fine once in a while or a nice fail safe if you forget to do it properly but I wouldn't recommend making it routine. It's so easy to do it properly I don't see a reason not to under normal circumstances.

That is less than ideal because then there are 10 days where the batteries are sitting at 100%, and they generate heat the whole time they are discharging themselves after that 10 days. It's fine once in a while or a nice fail safe if you forget to do it properly but I wouldn't recommend making it routine. It's so easy to do it properly I don't see a reason not to under normal circumstances.
DJI are more than happy to sell you more (overpriced) batteries :)

They're like ink cartridges for those $10 inkjet printers, they even look the same too, only our drones dont cost $10 :(

If you keep them fully charged for too long, the batteries degrade much faster over time, thus less cycles and you need to toss them out and buy new ones. They are best kept at storage charge levels when you can (nominal voltage 3.75v/cell)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bbj5143