DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Air Low Noise Propellers?

Mxs

Reactions
Does anyone have any info on DJI releasing some new quiet propellers or any other company out there that is working on some quiet ones? I thought I could live with the noise as its just slightly noisier than the mavic pro props but it sounds more annoying though like an angry spark!!! Higher pitch, more noticeable and annoying than the original mavic pro props. I don't know if I can wait a few months like they did with the platinum version.

I have not seen anything with regard to "quieter" props... I would caution you about "after-market" props that you may void your warranty if you experience a failure and DJI attributes it to the use of non-DJI props...

I agree though. While most of the people doing "noise" level youtube videos between the various DJI drones and only showing the MA to be only slightly louder, there is something about the "sound" or "pitch" of the noise that makes it seem louder. I'm able to hear my MA further out than I do my MP or even my Spark. But I'm not going to change my props out to non-DJI ones if and when they become available...

Does anyone have any info on DJI releasing some new quiet propellers or any other company out there that is working on some quiet ones? I thought I could live with the noise as its just slightly noisier than the mavic pro props but it sounds more annoying though like an angry spark!!! Higher pitch, more noticeable and annoying than the original mavic pro props. I don't know if I can wait a few months like they did with the platinum version.

Droneworx already posted a video on here somewhere (here it is) that demonstrates the Air generates a higher pitch noise than the Pro. Due to the way hearing works, lower pitch sounds require more energy to be heard by the human ear as the same volume of a sound with a higher pitch. This is a well documented phenomenon and can be seen in the equal loudness contour (a continuation of the work detailed in the Fletcher-Munson curves). The human ear is most sensitive to mid range frequencies between 2KHz and 5KHz.

Using the values from Droneworx's video, the Mavic Pro has a 4-800Hz average propeller pitch while the Mavic Air's is 2KHz-3KHz.

I have both the Mavic Air and the Mavic Pro. My Mavic Pro has the low noise props. My Air has the standard issue props and the sound is really annoying. Hopefully dji will relase a low noise version prop for the Air. It really doesn’t seem that hard to modify the shape of the props. They could be more efficient, reduced rpm and better lift = longer flight time...

I saw low noise props for the Air somewhere, they are out there already, i dont think DJI is making them though

Reactions: pinoydrone
I bought Low noise after Market Props, $10.00 for four. Don.t waste you money, had to remove them after about 10 minutes of flight. Bird shook so bad that i had to remove them right away. Never seen it act that way before. I stayed low to the ground for the test flight, in case of bigger problems. Not a big waste of money, still have them, I would
like a quieter bird, so it does not attract so much attention.

Reactions: Thomas B and NDE108
I doubt it that we will ever see low-noise props from DJI... this is just the nature of smaller quadcopters they are high pitch, and any aftermarket props will probably shake your bird apart jk but most of the time are crap!

I think we might get lucky with low noise props as the noise or the pitch of the noise the MA makes is subject to a lot of negative comment in reviews. I would hope that DJI are listening to those comments.

Reactions: Mxs
I would think that DJI would test their OEM props for the best in flight time, performance and noise. So when I read that the below props were quieter & better, I thought I would try them out because for $11+ what is the big deal? I got them and flew my MP the same day & was not impressed at all. In order to "relate" to a number, I think the OEM props were a 75 on the decibel scale - a bit noisy for my taste & according to some neighbors, "...shoot'em out of the air..." Installing the new props didn't help much - I would rate them 74 decibels. Not enough of a difference at all. This is the info on the props I bought - not worth the money or time to use...

Ordered thru Paypal from Welsky Technologies Limited:
4x Propeller Prop for DJI Mavic PRO 8331 8331F Reduce Noise Accessory Part RC675 .

Anyone have better props?

Is there anyone with information on low noise props for the mavic air? Any third party company selling or designing them?

Without the noise, I'd struggle to see my MA half the time...... I must be one of the only people not bothered by it.
Also, after take off, I'm straight up to 30m minimum and not much beyond that it's almost unnoticeable unless you're 'tuned' in to listening for it.

Reactions: Cairnsimages
The noise doesn’t bother me but it’s a legitimate complaint. If I had a choice the MA would be as quiet as the MP or better yet the MPP. It’s not going to stop me from enjoying myself but I hope they find a way to dampen the sound. Mostly out of consideration for the people around me.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
miguelmas