DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Air - multiple errors/issues

fastcz5

Reactions
Hello,

I am a newbie to drone world. Mavic Air is my first decent size/quality drone. I am facing few issues while flying it and have some quick questions.

Notes about my flying
  • To feel safe in my learning days, I have a max distance and altitude set to 50 m (164 ft).
  • RTH = ~20-30 m depending on where I fly.
  • Am using the controller with DHI Go app on my Google Pixel XL phone
Issues
  • When using Quickshots mode: Dronie, Boomerang and Helix fail midway with an error on my screen "max!" in yellow color. There is no other text or indication of anything wrong.
    • APAS also gets disabled at this time
    • I set the distance of dronie mode to be within my max distance (that is, I set it to ~20-30m)
    • I have tried it in an open field with no interference
    • The drone hovers in place, when the error shows up
  • When using active track, the drone follows me, and after a while stops following me, with a message in the app - "Entering Restricted Mode"
    • I was flying in a park, with no known restrictions, etc. The DJI app doesn't show any restrictions issues in that region
    • The area where I fly is reported as within 5 miles of airport, when I use B4UFLY, (although its more than 5 miles) and I submit all the necessary information
  • I was in a different park yesterday to see if that makes a difference, however, I was receiving a lot of interference in that park. It was at a point that the video in the app was lagging to an unusable point
    • This was near a basketball court and a fencing around it.
Questions
  • Video Recording (4k)
    • When I played the video recorder in 4k @ 30fps, it was somewhat laggy on my Desktop PC. It may be that my PC (processor or grpahics) was not handling 4k properly
      • Question: What would be a decent quality capture mode for taking videos. I am not too much inclined to get 4k quality
      • Should I do 2k or 1080p? What frame rate?
  • Can I fly this drone indoors, by turning off Obstacle avoidance, may be? I tried it, but kept getting compass calibration errors etc. Is there a way to override all of it?
I know this is a verbose thread. However, my intent was to post all my questions in here, and have experts reply to them in parts.

Thanks to everyone in advance!

Im a newbie too, but I think the "max" issue has to do with beginner mode. Those quickshots move the drone outside of the 30m max. Also, I had firmware mismatch. When I corrected that and beginner mode, I was able to do the quickshots.

But my beginner mode is turned off. This is not a one off instamce..i have tried it 4-5 times at least, making sure beginner mode is off, and i am signed in the app

I even uninstalled and reinstalled rth app, to no avail.

Yes, will do. I was tryinb to captuee it last time, but it went away before i could take it.

I will post more details on this (screenshot) and video.

Anyway, i can post logs...i mean i dont even know how to enaben/capture flight logs

Yes, will do. I was tryinb to captuee it last time, but it went away before i could take it.

I will post more details on this (screenshot) and video.

Anyway, i can post logs...i mean i dont even know how to enaben/capture flight logs
Actually if you go the Floght Records page in the DJI GO app you should be able to scroll through the flight and see any errors. You could take a screen shot off that. For some reason I think it must have something to do with max altitude.

Okay, i will check and lost all these details are my next opportunity.

Thanks!

Update on this:

I was able to use the Dronie mode and other Quick shots by increasing the max distance/height to 100m instead of 50m which I had set previously.
Even though I was setting Dronie mode to use a max distance of 30m (when max distance was set to 50m) I was still getting the "max!" error.

Can someone help me with the remaining questions I have:
  • Video Recording (4k)
    • When I played the video recorder in 4k @ 30fps, it was somewhat laggy on my Desktop PC. It may be that my PC (processor or grpahics) was not handling 4k properly
      • Question: What would be a decent quality capture mode for taking videos. I am not too much inclined to get 4k quality
      • Should I do 2k or 1080p? What frame rate?
  • Can I fly this drone indoors, by turning off Obstacle avoidance, may be? I tried it, but kept getting compass calibration errors etc. Is there a way to override all of it?

There are many other posts on the best camera recording settings and its a trade off situation. The are you tube videos that explain the trade offs. I am actually guessing that some of your problems are with your sd card. Switch recording to internal and/or check if your internal is full if you are on internal.

Compass and gps errors aren't a concern indoors.

[QUOTE="Air Beetle, post: 471029, member: 49869

Compass and gps errors aren't a concern indoors.[/QUOTE]
If you’re flying indoors or underneath something like a carport, you want to have RTH set to hover on loss of signal, and NOT to return to home because it might climb up into an obstruction, like a ceiling.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mini2+