DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Air ND filters

floppydisk

Reactions
I'm choosing ND filters (non polarized) between DJI filters and Polar Pro. DJI’s are currently out of stock and I’m wondering if someone had a chance to test them?

Polar Pro has shutter and standard collections and what I understand from description is the only difference in coating? Is it? What’s gonna be the best option out of these 3?

As a side note, how often does the image distort with polarized filters on a drone since you can’t rotate the filter during the flight?

Reactions: Mavicairpilot
Polars! Also allow you to buy many different levels up to 32 or 64. Got me some vivids

As a side note, how often does the image distort with polarized filters on a drone since you can’t rotate the filter during the flight?

1) Please clarify your question
2) Consider ND-PL rather than ND
3) Polar Pro has a 60-day return policy

I got the DJI ND... and kind of wish I got higher ones now. I'm using the 16 during all conditions and it still won't let me get to my desired shutter speed... Though it's currently a snow winter, so maybe when the bright white snow leaves it'll be a little better.. but I'd like to have ND 32 or 64 option...

Bright sun and snow will require the 64 if you want to shoot at 1/60. It’s worked well for me. Looking back, I wish I would have started with a 16,32,64 kit.

Reactions: hamstergraphics
Bright sun and snow will require the 64 if you want to shoot at 1/60. It’s worked well for me. Looking back, I wish I would have started with a 16,32,64 kit.

I just received the PolarPro ND/Polarized Vivid Series filters (4-16)
I wonder if the 16’s and adjust the polarization! You could get the shutter speed you want. I shoot a lot of still with my Sony A6500 and always use polarized filters in bright light situations....
Good luck!

I use polar pro shutter and have use cinema. Since I primarily do video (very much run and gun) I stick with shutter since I don’t want to land and align the polarization for every shot. Especially on bright sunny days over snow I use a 64 or 32. A 32 is not quite enough if it’s full sun on a snow field. Polarized are fantastic for photography and drones.

My 2 cents.

I use polar pro shutter and have use cinema. Since I primarily do video (very much run and gun) I stick with shutter since I don’t want to land and align the polarization for every shot. Especially on bright sunny days over snow I use a 64 or 32. A 32 is not quite enough if it’s full sun on a snow field. Polarized are fantastic for photography and drones.

My 2 cents.

I have both vivid and cinema. Vivid if I’m shooting water or want that sweet colour. Reg NDs if I just want to fly around and maybe capture a shot

As the guy said above how do you know the Polarising filter is correctly vertically aligned, otherwise it does nothing?

Freewell ND filters have never failed me. At the beach or a waterfall with sun reflecting off the water, I use the ND100.
I always use a filter to protect the camera lens. Minimum- ND8
Freewell gear is great and I’m not affiliated in any way.
FREEWELL GEAR

Reactions: Skymax
Down Here in the South Pacific there is almost always too much light especially on the White sand beaches.
I have tried expensive mainstream filters and cheap $15 filters and I cannot tell the difference between the results of the different brands.
I'm happy to admit that expensive filters coating may wear/last more/better but with care so far no filters damaged.

Freewell ND filters have never failed me. At the beach or a waterfall with sun reflecting off the water, I use the ND100.
I always use a filter to protect the camera lens. Minimum- ND8
Freewell gear is great and I’m not affiliated in any way.
FREEWELL GEAR
I have just been filming a review on the Freewell filters and also how to align the polarizer filters too for maximum effect over water. Just editing through 40Gbs of video now :) and hope to get that review up on my YouTube channel in a couple of days, but I found their 'All day 8 pack' outstanding..... Superb build quality.

Cheers

Ian in London

I found their 'All day 8 pack' outstanding..... Superb build quality
I also have the Freewell 8-pack and found it's made very well. Freewell is a great filter brand to go with. They make great products.

41h8xn9o5uL._SX466_.jpg

Here's a closer look at the Freewell filters:

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
calezu