DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Air Obstacle Detection Status Help

nieto

Reactions
I think the Mavic Air Obstacle Detection Status on the DJI Go 4 App is pretty cool but can someone help explain how to read the information? The status gives a distance, but is that to the closest object in that direction? I see multiple colors. The manual said "Red bars ... when obstacles are close to the aircraft". But I see yellow and green and sometimes one to three levels of bars. And I sometimes see the bars show up when doing turns which I thought odd. I attached an example image. (Note that it says Obstacle Avoidance Disabled. This is because I was flying around my house when starting to get dark)
IMG_1509.PNG

I think the Mavic Air Obstacle Detection Status on the DJI Go 4 App is pretty cool but can someone help explain how to read the information? The status gives a distance, but is that to the closest object in that direction? I see multiple colors. The manual said "Red bars ... when obstacles are close to the aircraft". But I see yellow and green and sometimes one to three levels of bars. And I sometimes see the bars show up when doing turns which I thought odd. I attached an example image. (Note that it says Obstacle Avoidance Disabled. This is because I was flying around my house when starting to get dark)
View attachment 72379
Red bars display when obstacles are close to the aircraft. Orange bars display when obstacles are in the detection range.

The multiple lines are supposed to help indicate how close or far the obstacle is and in what direction. Using your picture as an example the front right bar is red because the corner of the house is there, there is orange beyond that because the roof is there at a greater distance.

The multiple lines are supposed to help indicate how close or far the obstacle is and in what direction. Using your picture as an example the front right bar is red because the corner of the house is there, there is orange beyond that because the roof is there at a greater distance.
I sometimes see three levels of lines. Is this the MA's attempt to generate a profile of items at a depth/distance, because sometimes I see one level, other times two or three? One of the previous comments quoted the manual and said orange are obstacles in the detection range. So I guess then the green lines are where something does not exist. I am not sure how it can gather this data from vision sensors. Anyone out there know how?

Clearly the indicator at the top of the screen is for the "Forward Vision System" and the indicator at the bottom of the screen is for the "Backward Vision System". There seems to be no similar indicator for the "Downward Vision System".

On mine, there seems to be 4 colours in use:
  • Bright Red - mostly on the inner bars.
  • Dull Red - mostly on the middle bars.
  • Orange - mostly on the middle and outer bars.
  • Green - mostly on the outer bars.
The number of bars and colour do seem to be indicating the much same thing - 3 bars/red: too close; 1 bar/green (or no bars): all is fine.

(Sometimes I think I can see 2 shades of the orange. Also the orange looks somewhat yellow to me).

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SkyTechDji