DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Air Parts Available

Have had many a compass errors since new, did the twisting of rear motor wires and helped a lot. I would like to have you replace both compass’s with new from the factory in sealed bags replacement units. Everything else has been fine. Just get a lot of compass errors when flying. Doesn’t seem to matter if I do the recalibrate thing or not.
What do you think the turnaround time would be for this repair and ball park parts cost might be.
Thanks
Dave

Reactions: Turn11
Have had many a compass errors since new, did the twisting of rear motor wires and helped a lot. I would like to have you replace both compass’s with new from the factory in sealed bags replacement units. Everything else has been fine. Just get a lot of compass errors when flying. Doesn’t seem to matter if I do the recalibrate thing or not.
What do you think the turnaround time would be for this repair and ball park parts cost might be.
Thanks
Dave

Im not sure if you have a Mavic Air or Mavic Pro? Twisting the wires is a Mavic Pro trick to get less interference.

If it's a Mavic Pro, unfortunately, DJI does not sell the compasses as OEM parts, I take them from new Mavics.

It's unusual for both compasses to fail, unless they were demagnetized at some point before you got it. If I repair it, I would test fly it to see which compass is failing, and replace that one. The rear compass, compass #1, is not that hard to replace. The front is microsoldered to the FC ESC board and will take more labor to install it.

If you really want to replace both because you would feel better about flying it, rough cost would be $100 including parts. Shipping would be extra.

Hi Rob do you have any theories on the MA requesting a compass calibration after or before just about every flight.

Yes, alot depends on where you are powering it on. Try not to power it on in or near your vehicle, metal tables, or any other metallic objects and see if that helps. Have you already tried to calibrate the IMU?.

Yes, alot depends on where you are powering it on. Try not to power it on in or near your vehicle, metal tables, or any other metallic objects and see if that helps. Have you already tried to calibrate the IMU?.
Yes done that. No matter where I am it requests a calibration almost every time you switch it on.

Mavic Pro it is and I’ll look at the flight records and try to see what compass it is, think it is the rear one if memory serves me well that fails first. Used to be whenever it was in sport mode until I twisted rear motor wires.

Reactions: Former Member
Sounds like your compasses are defective. Its still under warranty, so you should prob send it in to DJI for a replacement. Compass errors are the biggest causes of flyaways.
Having exactly the same issue as Kevjones. I raised a ticket today with DJI but not very helpful. Just reading their terms and conditions gives me a feeling not to deal with them. But let's see.

Welcome. BTW, it would be a warranty issue, and NOT a Refresh issue. You shouldnt have to pay anything to get it replaced.

The CS rep said if they determine the error is caused by pilot error you will have to pay. I wonder how and what they are looking for - it is literally 17th day of my purchase (missed their dreaded 15 day thing - so there will be no replacement. Only repair) and have flown the drone about 15-17 times and have not (yet) crashed the drone.

I just started getting some Mavic Air parts in. Tell me what you need and I'll see if I have it.

Peace.

Rob

UPDATE: Left and right rear motor caps temporarily sold out. Word travels quickly around here.
Do you have any air controllers?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Opus3