DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Air Picture quality issues

John Eyers

Reactions
Can anyone shed any light on why my picture quality is so bad? I've been through the settings and watched numerous YouTube setting videos. Nothing seems to help solve.
As you can see they are really poor. thumb_c4be92ab1c8b7755_1592139668000.jpgthumb_da99a960e3da2086_1592139882000.jpgthumb_6e7cd81c262e85d8_1594469840000.jpgthumb_c879f4ea707d2643_1594469820000.jpgthumb_c4be92ab1c8b7755_1592139668000.jpgthumb_da99a960e3da2086_1592139882000.jpgthumb_6e7cd81c262e85d8_1594469840000.jpgthumb_c879f4ea707d2643_1594469820000.jpg

Welcome to the forums - a lot of good info here. Also, the search function (magnifying glass icon upper right) is a great way to find answers to many of the questions a "newbie" will have. We were all "newbies" at one point.

Are you shooting with a ND filter ?

You may want to jump up to at least an 8 or even a 16
Here is a picture of the house without a filter and then with a #8 filter

Attachments

• joes w filter 1.png
    joes w filter 1.png
    3.8 MB · Views: 25
  • joes 1.png
    joes 1.png
    3.3 MB · Views: 26
Last edited:
Usually the Mavic Air (1) takes very good pictures out of the box, some say too sharp, Can you tell us what settings you were using, time of day, weather and that may help us give you direction to go to help.

Why would you use an ND filter in this still photo situation? Why not simply adjust the shutter speed to correct the exposure?
They were frame shots taken from practice videos

Hi guys. thanks for all the input I think its a rookie mistake as when I downloaded the images from the SD card they've come out a lot better ready to edit. Always learning.

I use the filters as I got my Air second hand and the previous owner lost the main lens. Reading about the filters thought it says increase to the higher ones for brighter conditions. these were cloudy days. But again I'm still learning about best filters for each situation.

Hi guys. thanks for all the input I think its a rookie mistake as when I downloaded the images from the SD card they've come out a lot better ready to edit. Always learning.

I use the filters as I got my Air second hand and the previous owner lost the main lens. Reading about the filters thought it says increase to the higher ones for brighter conditions. these were cloudy days. But again I'm still learning about best filters for each situation.
Just in case you are not aware, there was no outer lens on the MA from the factory. It was only a cosmetic plastic ring. So feel free to use the camera without any ND filter for still shots. Not having the plastic ring will not hurt your camera in any way. ND filters are not needed unless you are videoing and want the desired motion blur in your videos. For still photos, ND filters have little use beyond getting long exposure photographs.

The pictures I posted in Post #5 were frame shots taken from videos shot on a cloudy day

Video still shot's with a filter are likely to be blurry. That's the purpose of a filter and like other's have said..If you're planning on taking both still and video and it's must have, one chance only...leave the filter off...especially if it's in the golden hour

Great thanks for the info. I generally take the stills at the the same time as capturing video footage. I'll play around with both options

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
svdroneshots