DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic air ports in the back for power

M8len

Reactions
Looking for some help. One of my friends took a matrice 210 and wired some LED lights into the ports in the back of it which he can now turn on and off using the controller.

Is this possible to do with the port (I think it is a USB c) in the back of the mavic air? And yes I know...completely different platforms......

But can I use that USB-C as a power source for some small lights and be able to turn it off via the controller? Has anyone tried this or would it work?

Thanks!

Looking for some help. One of my friends took a matrice 210 and wired some LED lights into the ports in the back of it which he can now turn on and off using the controller.

Is this possible to do with the port (I think it is a USB c) in the back of the mavic air? And yes I know...completely different platforms......

But can I use that USB-C as a power source for some small lights and be able to turn it off via the controller? Has anyone tried this or would it work?

Thanks!
I do not believe there is any usable DC power output on that port.

Reactions: M8len
Ok.... then let me push another question out there. Where can I pull 3v from and also have it able to be turned on and off from the controller.

I saw that some people hooked into the navigation lights....or there is power going going down the arms that I could possibly tap into.

Anyone have any other ideas???.

It is on the mavic pro i plugged a micro usb led and it powers up but i don't think i can control it

I cut the wires on the front LEDs dremeled a small hole, soldered up a light strip on each from arm (pulled them from the free harbor freight lights they give away) I can control them from the RC. BUT seems like their hit and miss works Everytime on the ground but not sure what the issue in air is. Not sure if I'm sucking to much juice idk. I figured I'd try cause I hate the red ones and at night I literally fly him to me by sound and gps until with a few feet. Now when it works it's bright.

Dammit, I just did a battery mod and I should of measured while I had it open...oh well. someone will chime in....

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rarmstrong2580