DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Air problem calibrating vision sensors

JJDUN770

Reactions
I kept my mavic air as a backup when I upgraded to my P4P so it doesn't get used as much anymore but I pulled it out to fly the other day and fired it up. Everything connected fine in the GO4 app but it wouldn't let me takeoff saying I needed to calibrate my vision sensors using the DJI assistant on my pc. I've tried 4 times to calibrate the vision sensors (front, bottom, rear) using the DJI assistant and make it all the way thru calibration and at the end it just says calibration failed. During the calibration all sensors appear to be working normally the boxes all line up and I'm able to follow the blue box around the screen with all 3 sensors but at the end it says failed. Anyone have any ideas what to do next?

You can see in the windows app dji assistant the sensor read out ie the camera view of each left and right sensor.

Make sure each picture is almost the same.

I am a little confused by this. As far as I know, the vision sensors and the vision positioning (VPS) are not flight critical systems. I have flown my MA with no issues while GO4 was telling me the vision sensors need re-calibration. It did not disable motors and prevent me from taking off. I don't understand why this doesn't happen to be the case with yours. Have you tried disabling all vision sensors in GO4 to see if that would allow you to takeoff?

Regarding the actual calibration process, it is never a straight forward one. You will have to keep trying a little more. Perhaps do it with a different computer with a different screen size or resolution, that was what it did it in my case. Couldn't get it done on the Surface Pro4 which has a screen size of 12.3 inches but got it done on the first try on an hp envy laptop with a screen size of 13.3 inches. It may not resolve the issue in your case but it is defiently worth trying if you have access to a second computer. Good luck!

I get the same error message and I've not been able to do a successful calibration using my laptop and larger monitor. I've tested it in actual flight and it seems to work perfectly. Long story short..I ignore the warning.

So I had a mapping job to do today so I set off to the construction sight just like every week with my P4P in tow. Fired everything up and aside from the geo-fence (which is a weekly occurrence with this job) it also told me I needed to calibrate my vision sensors. Thinking at this point something seemed fishy getting the same odd warning on 2 different drones I ignored it and everything worked fine. The only thing I can think of is I use the same Samsung Tab A for both drones and have been flat out refusing to update my DJI GO4 app anymore since everything is working fine at the moment and Im not really wanting anymore of their rules and regulations shoved down my throat if I can possibly help it. I bet every dollar in my pocket if I were to update, the bogus error would suddenly disappear lmao. Haven't had a chance yet but I'm gonna put the MA in the air tomorrow and I bet she flies as smooth as she ever has lol. Trying to get ya to update thru trickery and booby traps now wtf lol....

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000